• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Firmware 5.03 Says Hello World, TIFF Based Exploit Released

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, you need to buy a separate piece of hardware to take advantage of it.

jkmit

<p>i cant wait much longer. what if davee isnt working on it? and he's just viewing all these forums and comments about it, and he's just laughing at us all?</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hopefully that isn't the case. I'd wait a couple more weeks before giving up hope on HEN, personally. Davee is well versed in C++ and ASM coding so it's not like he is throwing darts blind here. At the very least, we do know the kernel exploit exists and is real.

J

jx233

jkmit said:
i cant wait much longer. what if davee isnt working on it? and he's just viewing all these forums and comments about it, and he's just laughing at us all?

Davee is working on it. An HEN isn't that easy to make and it does take some time to do it too. XD

Besides, Davee has to make a PSP-1000, PSP-2000, and PSP-3000 HEN; and that is a lot of work, so patience is necessary for things like this. The HEN will be released whenever things are ready. :wink:

jkmit

<p>kk. guess what. i've played guitar hero 3 with a ps2 controller for so long, now i suck using the guitar. its funny.</p>

J

jx233

There are still things to be worked out on for the PSP-3000 version of the HEN. You wouldn't want to have the release rushed and be very buggy, would you?

J

jx233

Well the first HEN must be stable, so people don't have a negative view / first impression of Davee or his HEN.

I see no need for updates to HEN, unless it has better patches to the firmware core in RAM, and if it adds compatibility with homebrew specific to M33 firmwares.

january39

eXo Staff
I think the HEN would only need updating if FW changes occured.

Davee is just trying to get a decent release, imagine the posts if it only worked 50% of the time.

I sincerley hope this thread does not follow M for Matures with constant requests for release, almost anger at times.

jkmit

<p>well, its Tuesday, yet again. the, 2, or is it 3? or maybe even 4? week anniversary of the release date of the HEN. i'm still waiting. how long could it possibly take?</p>

jkmit

<p>can some 1 plz fucking help me. when i connect my psp to my pc, it detects it, just fine. then when i try to transfer files, it gets an hourglass for about 5 seconds, then the window closes and the psp says please wait. I know this is not supposed to happen, and its fucking pissing me off. can some 1 plz help me?</p>

J

jx233

You might want to update your Windows PC or buy a new USB cable.

Check if that works.

jkmit

<p>the usb cable works on another pc, and another usb cable works on this pc. (but that ones my brothers, so i cant use it.) My pc is windows xp, sp3. shouldn't that work?</p>

J

jx233

jkmit said:
the usb cable works on another pc, and another usb cable works on this pc. (but that ones my brothers, so i cant use it.) My pc is windows xp, sp3. shouldn't that work?

Try your brother's USB cable, ask him to use it for something important or something like that.

january39

eXo Staff
Try Wifile Transfer plugin , you can send files via wifi. Also will determine cable error or not.

jkmit

<p>i dont think its with the cable, it works on another computer, but then again, other cords work on this computer.</p>

J

jx233

Maybe it could be your PSP. Maybe the PSP has ahrdware issues.

Or maybe it is your PC. Try checking for viruses, because some can internfere with USB.