• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Firmware 5.03 Says Hello World, TIFF Based Exploit Released

jkmit

<p>so, how exactly will this work? you download something else, the HEN, put it on the mem card, load the .TIF and it lets you use homebrew apps? i am pretty new to this whole thing.</p>

J

jx233

The HEN patches the Official Firmware to load unsigned EBOOT.PBP files (homebrew apps).

It will let you play some homebrew. Older kernel mode homebrew and homebrew relying on M33 modules will not work.

With this HEN only homebrew works, so [legally backed up] ISOs + PSX games will not work on the HEN. Also, the SEPlugins will not work either.

jkmit

<p>ok, thanks. do you think that they may upgrade it eventually so it can play iso's? that'd be sweet.</p>

J

jx233

A seperate [legal] ISO Loader will have to be made for 5.03 HEN and it has to be an EBOOT.PBP (like Devhook).

jkmit

<p>or, could you just download a program like popstationgui, and convert the iso on your computer, and then put that on your psp? and if so, would the HEN allow you to play it without it saying:"the copyright protection information is invalid"?</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
As far as I know, the HEN will only support homebrew applications initially. Running home-made rips of PSOne and PSP titles through it won't be possible right off the bat. That requires extra workarounds.

J

jx233

x3sphere is right. The popcorn.prx that allows popsloader / PSX to work is found in M33 firmwares only. The HEN is just a patch to the Official Firmware core in RAM to allow unsigned EBOOT.PBP files to run (homebrew), that's all.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It'll be released when it is ready. Expect otherwise and you'll just be setting yourself up for disappointment. Davee said it may be out by Tuesday but never promised anything. I'm sure his time to work on this project is likely limited with having to deal with school and such.

J

jx233

Davee said he will be out for a couple of days, maybe he could be busy or maybe the HEN isn't finished like expected. Just wait. It will be released when the right time comes. :smile:

jkmit

<p>also, hi sony. lol. so, does the new updat, 5.50 i think, does it offer anything that 5.03 doesnt? besides the exploit security?</p>

J

jx233

jkmit said:
before june do you think?

No idea, all I can say is "soon".

jkmit said:
also, hi sony. lol. so, does the new updat, 5.50 i think, does it offer anything that 5.03 doesnt? besides the exploit security?

Well, all the features of the new firmware are posted on the first page of this thread or by clicking here.

jkmit

<p>sorry, this is way off topic, does the location free player base station thingy, does that require live television, like cable of satalite in order to work, or does it like, stream through the internet? because, i have PC, and wireless internet, and tv, but no cable or live television, and i was wondering if that would work. thx if u answer</p>

J

jx233

I never really got LocationFree setup, but all I know is that a Location Free Base Station is available as a seperate thing and TV gets streamed from that thing.