• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Game Database Additions & Corrections

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
@x3sphere Huh, I found a URL to a PS3 store image so I guess they can still be accessed from a browser, don't know if you can do something with that to figure out others?

https://store.playstation.com/store...00304_00-DCCSONICADVDLG00/1591193381000/image
I was looking into it last night and yeah the PS3 store itself is still up, the images aren't as consistent as what's on the PS4 store though.

Like the main icon URL for Warhawk looks like this:

I tried using that link and swapped it with the Warhawk IDs and got this:

But the Sonic Adventure image looks great so I think I'll just setup a crawler and grab what I can. Hopefully most of the images are more like that. Warhawk was an early PS3 game so maybe that's why higher res assets aren't available.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
I was looking into it last night and yeah the PS3 store itself is still up, the images aren't as consistent as what's on the PS4 store though.

Like the main icon URL for Warhawk looks like this:

I tried using that link and swapped it with the Warhawk IDs and got this:

But the Sonic Adventure image looks great so I think I'll just setup a crawler and grab what I can. Hopefully most of the images are more like that. Warhawk was an early PS3 game so maybe that's why higher res assets aren't available.
From what I remember the thumbnails for the PS3 store varied quite a bit. Still it should be a good starting point for the PS3 games. I'm sure the rest can be filled in manually and the bad images can be swapped out with better ones just like the current icons.

So how are things looking so far?

Xbox One onwards - square achievement icons
Xbox 360 - square store thumbnails (tall thumbnails when square aren't available?)
PS5 - square achievement icons
PS4/PS3/Vita - square store thumbnails

Steam - logos on hero images (capsule images when those aren't available?)
GOG - ??? (the current icons cropped to square look like they might be fine?)
Origin - ??? (looks like these are cropped from tall images, so they should improve?)
Blizzard - ??? (3 games, I think we can handle that)
Google Play - ??? (looks like these are currently wide icons squished to fit)
Ubisoft - ??? (looks like these are cropped from tall images, so they should improve?)
Stadia - ??? (looks like these are currently pretty good wide icons)
Epic - ??? (currently big wide background images scaled down)

Retro - square box art crop instead of wide crop, should mostly improve
Untracked/Manually Added - square box art crop instead of wide crop, should mostly improve

From what I can tell several platforms will be improved by the square crop without changing the icon sources, while a few like Google Play and Stadia may end up worse off unless there are more suitable images to pull for them. Even if there aren't it seems like less/better cropping overall.

I assume when square icons are implemented there will be a separate upload button for those on the back end?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
From what I remember the thumbnails for the PS3 store varied quite a bit. Still it should be a good starting point for the PS3 games. I'm sure the rest can be filled in manually and the bad images can be swapped out with better ones just like the current icons.

So how are things looking so far?

Xbox One onwards - square achievement icons
Xbox 360 - square store thumbnails (tall thumbnails when square aren't available?)
PS5 - square achievement icons
PS4/PS3/Vita - square store thumbnails

Steam - logos on hero images (capsule images when those aren't available?)
GOG - ??? (the current icons cropped to square look like they might be fine?)
Origin - ??? (looks like these are cropped from tall images, so they should improve?)
Blizzard - ??? (3 games, I think we can handle that)
Google Play - ??? (looks like these are currently wide icons squished to fit)
Ubisoft - ??? (looks like these are cropped from tall images, so they should improve?)
Stadia - ??? (looks like these are currently pretty good wide icons)
Epic - ??? (currently big wide background images scaled down)

Retro - square box art crop instead of wide crop, should mostly improve
Untracked/Manually Added - square box art crop instead of wide crop, should mostly improve

From what I can tell several platforms will be improved by the square crop without changing the icon sources, while a few like Google Play and Stadia may end up worse off unless there are more suitable images to pull for them. Even if there aren't it seems like less/better cropping overall.

I assume when square icons are implemented there will be a separate upload button for those on the back end?

Google Play has square icons on the Play Store - we can use those. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zara

I'm not sure about Stadia. They only use rectangle images on the profile pages but the store might have other options, will look into it. Currently there isn't a huge amount of Stadia games so not a big issue for now.

For Epic we would probably have to crop to get square images. In addition to the background images, they have taller images like the capsule images on Steam.

Yes, we can keep the form the same but just have a checkbox that indicates if it is a square image.

But sounds good as a starting point, I'll try to add the option soon and then we can continue making adjustments over time.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
@x3sphere You know, I usually have the achievement icons hidden because it's always looked a bit too cramped and busy for my liking, even though I like seeing the little badges. But just changing to the square format really allows the layout to breathe with that added spacing, at least for me. Think I'll be enabling the achievement icons permanently when the square icons option is added.

1.png
2.png

By the way, is there a reason why it stops filling the row of icons at 12? It seems odd when there's still room for at least a couple more. Would it be possible to increase the maximum so it fills the empty space?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
@x3sphere You know, I usually have the achievement icons hidden because it's always looked a bit too cramped and busy for my liking, even though I like seeing the little badges. But just changing to the square format really allows the layout to breathe with that added spacing, at least for me. Think I'll be enabling the achievement icons permanently when the square icons option is added.

View attachment 11812 View attachment 11813

By the way, is there a reason why it stops filling the row of icons at 12? It seems odd when there's still room for at least a couple more. Would it be possible to increase the maximum so it fills the empty space?
Looking good! Yeah there's no reason we have it limited to 12, I'll change that soon. Thanks for pointing it out.

Treeble

Not sure when the change to square icons will happen but the GOG icon for another Tomb Raider game (one with no achievements) seems to be corrupted:

Exophase (9b654.png):

9b654.png

Source image from GOG:

7a85079e0613d576d09f59b05c05a337881123ffa792f2f10c6a8cd1cef4ffb3_196.jpg

Cheers

nerjamartin

Hello there!!

Thanks for your job, the site and the cards are amazing!! thank you very much.

There's a little problem with the update of Rarest Archievements and the Screenshots (the right column in the profile page), they are not update since a loooong time ago. Neither the rarest archievements nor the screenshots.

I've tried to update manually, I check privacy settings and everything seems normal (the archievements update are working like a charm), only the right column (rarest archievements AND screenshots seems to have that problem.

Could you take a look please ?

Thanks a lot !!!

Gorgar

The game is called “Bubsy: Paws on Fire”
The trophy list is called “Bubsy: Paws on Fire, Trophies on Display”
The exophase listing is called “Bubsy: Paws on Fire, on Display” (I am guessing there is some algorithm that removes the word “trophies” automatically. But here it doesn’t work)

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Hi is it possible to rename the first Uncharted game on PS4 to Uncharted 1 so the games appear in order, many thanks.
Sorry but we use the original game names here and if we started renaming games like that we'd have to start renaming all the games it applied to and that would be a never-ending task. I used to sort my games A-Z and it did bother me when games appeared in the "wrong order" like that, but I've since switched back to the default last played sorting and got used to it.

That said, a custom user list feature has been considered before so you may see a way to reorder your games manually at some point in the future. I've also brought up the idea of giving games "hidden" names before which could fix ordering issues without changing the visible game names, so that might be an alternative fix worth considering again. Or perhaps there could be some sort of "franchise release order" that could take release dates into account to have Uncharted appear before Uncharted 2. There are a number of ways the issue could potentially be addressed.

In any case I imagine you'll see some sort of solution at some point down the line as it's been brought up before, it's certainly the sort of thing I think about myself, for now I'd just try not to be bothered by it too much.

Sorry but we use the original game names here and if we started renaming games like that we'd have to start renaming all the games it applied to and that would be a never-ending task. I used to sort my games A-Z and it did bother me when games appeared in the "wrong order" like that, but I've since switched back to the default last played sorting and got used to it.

That said, a custom user list feature has been considered before so you may see a way to reorder your games manually at some point in the future. I've also brought up the idea of giving games "hidden" names before which could fix ordering issues without changing the visible game names, so that might be an alternative fix worth considering again. Or perhaps there could be some sort of "franchise release order" that could take release dates into account to have Uncharted appear before Uncharted 2. There are a number of ways the issue could potentially be addressed.

In any case I imagine you'll see some sort of solution at some point down the line as it's been brought up before, it's certainly the sort of thing I think about myself, for now I'd just try not to be bothered by it too much.
understood thankyou

Gorgar

Displays on exphase as simply “NHL” but should be “NHL 12”

This is a problem with the trophies that display on PSN too, but the game is called “Stern Pinball Arcade.” (Pinball Arcade is a separate game with a separate set of trophies)