• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Game Database Additions & Corrections

Agravaile

Re-type (pc engine) (retroachievements)View attachment 11823
While Final Fight in my opinion already looks ok, i personally think this one for R-Type on PC-Engine
R-Type.png
would be more suitable as a thumbnail and also more true to the original cover art:
R-TypeUS-Front.jpg

Here's also for the other games in the series while we're at it!

R-Type
R-Type.png

Super R-Type
Super R-Type.png

R-Type III: The Third Lightning
R-Type III.png

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Is it confirmed that Origin progress transfers to EA Desktop? What about Origin Points?
The achievements transfer over, they started showing them in the EA Desktop app last week.

I'm not sure about the Origin Points. It's possible they'll keep them but rename it or something. The new API that's used in the EA app still has the points, but they aren't showing them anywhere in the client itself yet.

Agravaile

Batman (Arcade) I heavily vote for a different one for this, the reason being different devs. The Arcade version was made by atari, while all of the ports were handled by Sunsoft.
Batman Arcade.png

Batman (PC Engine), Batman: The Video Game (NES), Batman: The Video Game (GB), Batman: The Video Game (Genesis)
Batman - The Video Game.png

Batman Forever (SNES) Up to choice, couldn't decide, but inclined more towards the first one.
Batman Forever (3).png
Batman Forever (2).png
Batman Forever.png

Batman Returns (NES), Batman Returns (SNES), Batman Returns (Genesis), Batman Returns (Game Gear)
Batman Returns.png

Batman: Return of the Joker (NES)
Batman - Return of the Joker (2).png

Batman: Revenge of the Joker (Genesis)
Batman: Revenge of the Joker (SNES)
Batman - Revenge of the Joker (2).png

Batman: The Animated Series(GB)
Batman - The Animated Series.png

Last edited:

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Batman (Arcade) I heavily vote for a different one for this, the reason being different devs. The Arcade version was made by atari, while all of the ports were handled by Sunsoft.
View attachment 11851

Batman (PC Engine), Batman: The Video Game (NES), Batman: The Video Game (GB), Batman: The Video Game (Genesis)
View attachment 11852

Batman Forever (SNES) Up to choice, couldn't decide, but inclined more towards the first one.
View attachment 11853View attachment 11854View attachment 11855

Batman Returns (NES), Batman Returns (SNES), Batman Returns (Genesis), Batman Returns (Game Gear)
View attachment 11867

Batman: Return of the Joker (NES)
View attachment 11865

Batman: Revenge of the Joker (Genesis)
Batman: Revenge of the Joker (SNES)
View attachment 11866

Batman: The Animated Series(GB)
View attachment 11861
Thanks. It's fine to use different icons for different versions of the same game, in fact using the different title screens for some of those could work well. Don't put developers/publishers/etc. in the icons though, the art being different is enough.

Also, this is the wrong thread, use the Game Icons Submissions thread 👍

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Have you used an oil painting filter or something on these? I appreciate the creativity but I think I'd prefer to retain the original artwork as it was meant to look, unless there's a good reason to do that?

Also while we can use larger images just fine I'm not sure it's necessary to make these bigger than 364 x 200, since most of the other icons are that size or smaller. The new square icons might be a different story though.

Agravaile

Have you used an oil painting filter or something on these? I appreciate the creativity but I think I'd prefer to retain the original artwork as it was meant to look, unless there's a good reason to do that?

Also while we can use larger images just fine I'm not sure it's necessary to make these bigger than 364 x 200, since most of the other icons are that size or smaller. The new square icons might be a different story though.
Ah, i see. I just upscaled them by mistake and uploaded them as is, will provide another ones a bit later. Also, thanks for the suggestions, i'll keep in mind the things you mentioned :D

P.S: Oops, sorry for the thread mistake, switching between the two got me confused.

ApeOfMazor

Starcraft 2 achievements don't seem accurate. I received a bunch but some have completely wrong descriptions or icons. Left is my recent achieves and right is what shows on the site. I definitely never reached the finals in any tournament that's for sure.

Attachments

• starcraft2.png
    starcraft2.png
    349.3 KB · Views: 54

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Starcraft 2 achievements don't seem accurate. I received a bunch but some have completely wrong descriptions or icons. Left is my recent achieves and right is what shows on the site. I definitely never reached the finals in any tournament that's for sure.
I forced a refresh on the icons but it'll take some time to run (probably an hour or so). Judging from some of the achievements in your screenshots, this has fixed the icons for a few of them so far.

Double-checked and it seems the API is indicating you've earned that tournament achievement.

Don't know if this is some kind of test achievement that should be hidden. Do you know if it's shown at all in the actual game? The SC2 website seems to show it on some profiles, though only the showcase is visible there, viewing a user's full list still seems to be broken (doesn't load for me at least): https://starcraft2.com/en-us/profile/1/1/1316681

A few others like Honor the Legacy and StarCraft II Veteran are not showing up as earned in the API at all for you, weird.

They do have a legacy API for SC2 and I haven't checked that yet to see if the achievements show there. We're using the newer one which the starcraft2.com website also uses.

This is weird also:
Phase-Smith Commander icon is showing up as https://static.starcraft2.com/starport/d0e7c831-18ab-4cd6-adc7-9d4a28f49ec7/achievements/30-62.jpg in the API but clearly shows a different one in your screenshot.

SC2 website also using that same icon for the achievement: https://starcraft2.com/en-us/profile/1/2/126226 (check the second item in their showcase)

But yeah, assuming the recent achievement icons from the game are accurate, then it looks like the API is returning wrong names and descriptions for the achievements.

Last edited:

ApeOfMazor

I forced a refresh on the icons but it'll take some time to run (probably an hour or so). Judging from some of the achievements in your screenshots, this has fixed the icons for a few of them so far.

Double-checked and it seems the API is indicating you've earned that tournament achievement.

Don't know if this is some kind of test achievement that should be hidden. Do you know if it's shown at all in the actual game? The SC2 website seems to show it on some profiles, though only the showcase is visible there, viewing a user's full list still seems to be broken (doesn't load for me at least): https://starcraft2.com/en-us/profile/1/1/1316681

A few others like Honor the Legacy and StarCraft II Veteran are not showing up as earned in the API at all for you, weird.

They do have a legacy API for SC2 and I haven't checked that yet to see if the achievements show there. We're using the newer one which the starcraft2.com website also uses.

This is weird also:
Phase-Smith Commander icon is showing up as https://static.starcraft2.com/starport/d0e7c831-18ab-4cd6-adc7-9d4a28f49ec7/achievements/30-62.jpg in the API but clearly shows a different one in your screenshot.

SC2 website also using that same icon for the achievement: https://starcraft2.com/en-us/profile/1/2/126226 (check the second item in their showcase)

But yeah, assuming the recent achievement icons from the game are accurate, then it looks like the API is returning wrong names and descriptions for the achievements.
Yeah I added some of the broken ones to my showcase to see if they came up bad on their website and they do. The platinum finals achievement is actually a feat of strength for unlocking phase-commander karax(which that description is used on another achievement). I guess something is off on their end. I might try to contact them and let them know at least but I have my doubts it will be fixed. The achievement image you linked is actually the icon for "Starcraft II Veteran" achievement which is another feat of strength.

Thanks for looking into it.

Attachments

• sc2test.png
    sc2test.png
    183 KB · Views: 32

recyclingdan

These Xbox lists are all Windows 10 too:

Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
Telling Lies
Olija
The Pedestrian
Firewatch
The Procession to Calvary
Gorogoa
Unpacking

Donut County is currently shown as having a shared list, but it doesn't have achievements on Windows 10.