• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Games marked as 'Beaten'

SlyJosh

I have floated this idea on another awesome website and wanted to mention it here too :)

For a long time now I have been thinking it would be awesome to track 'beaten' games. This does not mean, collect all achievements. This means collect the specific achievement that shows you have beaten the game (reached the credits). retroachievements have implemented this, though this is all done manually on their end. I have done extensive research and can confirm this has not been done on any website so far (for everything except Retro Games).

What are your thoughts on a system like this? Within each game there could be an icon that shows you have beaten the game once the specific achievement has been earned. I assume you would need to mark that specific achievement as a beaten flag. There can then be a new category for a section on our profiles that shows all the games we have beaten (and a leaderboard) of highest amount of beaten games.

I can personally spend about 20 hours a week going through games already listed here and putting a comment on each game of the related 'beaten' achievement.

As an example:

Games Beaten Leaderboard:

Beaten progression:
(Note the ribbon flag on the 'beaten' achievement)

There may be far better ways of doing this than what I have suggested but I am more than happy to dedicate my free time to assisting with this, whether than means I am just commenting the specific achievement or actively marking the achievement with a flag.

Any suggestions or if you think this is a bad idea, just let me know :)

SlyJosh

As an example of how I see it working (though I don't have the technical coding know-how) I would find all achievements that relate to beating the game (Credits rolling) ie. below examples:

Grand Theft Auto 5:
1718175379997.png
[To Live or Die in Los Santos]
Atomic Heart:
1718175955740.png
[Kommunism 2.0] OR
1718176045785.png
[Atomic Heart]
Half Life 2 (Steam):
1718176294802.png
[Singularity Collapse]

Marking each of these achievements with a flag to note they are part of the 'beaten' category and an automation in the background can use this flag to mark it.

As mentioned, I have around 20 hours a week that I am happy to assist in any possible way, happy to upskill in anything that would be helpful, I currently work fulltime in the IT Sector as a Security Systems Engineer. That being said, this may be an awful idea for you but thought I would run it by you and the community, just in case! :)

SlyJosh

I'm not sure what you consider "extensive" research, but this idea was implemented by a very popular Xbox website over 2 years ago.
Oh! Are you please able to link this website. I have not been able to find one that actually automatically tracks a game being beaten by its ending achievement. Thanks!

Last edited:

SlyJosh

I'm not sure what you consider "extensive" research, but this idea was implemented by a very popular Xbox website over 2 years ago.
Hello @Pipsqweek, I have still been unable to find this website you are talking about with the features I have outlined in this post. It's a little unhelpful when you don't post the website or example you are talking about. Do you happen to have a link to the website or even the website's name?

Thanks!

Pipsqweek

Hello @Pipsqweek, I have still been unable to find this website you are talking about with the features I have outlined in this post. It's a little unhelpful when you don't post the website or example you are talking about. Do you happen to have a link to the website or even the website's name?

Thanks!
Out of respect to the owner of this site, I didn't want to name it (it's already famous enough) without permission as it could be misconstrued as directing users away from here.

SlyJosh

Out of respect to the owner of this site, I didn't want to name it (it's already famous enough) without permission as it could be misconstrued as directing users away from here.

Thanks for your reply, the owner (and this website) collaborate with many other websites in the achievement tracking communities. I don't know about you, but I use many different websites to track achievements, I am sure others do also. Having access to this information could mean that Exophase and its owner can collaborate with this Xbox website you speak of and implement it here for everyone to use. Not to mention the website you mention sounds like it's for Xbox specifically. This website is for all platforms.