• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

GOG should be next

TVippy

I'm surprised myself, but just found out that GOG has more than 2000 (two thousand) games with achievements. At least, that's how many is shown, when you click the "achievements" feature. But user-made lists of games with achievements are huge too.

That's way more than Origin has, I think. I don't even know if Origin supports achievements for non-EA games (does it?).

I'm glad you've added the Origin support, but I think the GOG addition is definitely due. Is it planned? And if so, this year?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Haven't looked at how feasible it is to implement yet- unfortunately to my knowledge they don't have an official API like Steam. Doesn't mean it can't be added though, just might be more difficult.

I'm going to look at it after Battle.net is added (soon, probably in the coming weeks). If it is possible I'll get it added this year.

TVippy

Haven't looked at how feasible it is to implement yet- unfortunately to my knowledge they don't have an official API like Steam. Doesn't mean it can't be added though, just might be more difficult.

I'm going to look at it after Battle.net is added (soon, probably in the coming weeks). If it is possible I'll get it added this year.
Thank you. Surprised Battle.NET took priority though.

GOG doesn't have profiles.
Which means you can't "extract" user's cheevos without their cookies?

TVippy

Not possible to implement GOG yet? Due to them not having profiles or other reason?

P.S. About the "2000" number... I was wrong - it's the total number of games on their platform and the number of games with achievements is 100 times lower. :(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sort of. I poked around in the GOG Galaxy client and found a way to get achievement info for different users, but there's no way to get the full game list.

Limitations would be:

Scans would be pretty slow, since there's no overview or recent achievements data source that would indicate what games have been played last. So would have to go through the entire list of games during every scan.

Wouldn't be able to grab data for games without achievements at all

Given that, I'm holding off on GoG for now, at least until they add a proper profile system. Looks like there have been many requests for it on their site.