• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[GUIDE] Installing Custom Firmware Enabler

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
I've found your mistake. In game.txt the line should read

ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat.prx 1
but yurs reads
ms0:/seplugins/cwchet.prx
wthout that space and the 1 on the end therfore it is not detected as enabled when you start a game

Also, why do you have an seplugins folder and then another seplugins folder?

Yes yu can load chickhen without formatting, just find one of those packs with better compatibility or change the theme to classic (blue) , oen yur UMD door before you press photos etc

When in ChcikHEN, its perfectly OK to swap the mem stiks as the files and environment needed have already been put on the RAM so yu only need the mm stick for loading chickhen.

Her's yur folder bak but with fixed .txt files (put the databases back in)

Popsicle

Thanks for checking it through. I've replaced your modified one with my old one, and yet I've still got no luck with launching it in-game.

I'm currently trying it with both FF 20th Anniversary and Breath of Fire III. ( Unsure whether game affects )

I've tried changing the menu key to my 'start' button, but there doesn't seem to be any change. I appreciate the time you're taking to tend to my problem.

shikamaru

Are you using GEN-A or CFWe?

Popsicle

I'm using the one in this guide, so it's probably CWFe? What's the difference between the 2?

Edit : I continued my day googling through the web, seeing what could be the problem. I accessed the CWFLoader menu and under plugins, saw that the my lines in the .txt files weren't placed in the correct places. So I made the changes, and it's working now. Thanks a lot for your responses Shikamaru!

Btw - Why doesn't game150 appear in the plugins menu? ( Unrelated, just asking for curiosity's sake )

Marik001

Why do half the people say this method bricks your PSP and half people say it works if you have a TA-088v3 Slim PSP? I want to see this actually being done on a TA-088v3 in a video :/ Otherwise I can only assume this guide is fucking bull shit!, and it's just a joke to brick people's PSP's. >_>

Popsicle

I'm using a TA-088v3 and I can assure you that it works. There are tons of videos on youtube, just search for it yourself. Based on what premise do you make such an illogical assumption? If there are tons of threads out there on this forum as well as other forums about the same thing, and over ten people on each thread give a positive or related reply, then obviously this cannot be some kind of hoax or joke. Think before being offensive.

shikamaru

If this guide was fucking bullshit designed to brick PSP's, why would there be loads of people saying thanx for the guide and also some good comments from the mods. If it was what you say it is, surely it wouldn't get a sticky. What other method is there apart from GEN-A which has exactly the same risk of bricking which is extremely slim

Research or look around the thread before fu**ing post sh** like that

There are tons of vids on youtube. Search for CFW Enabler

XxPaRaDiS3xX

hey thank but i need help i did exacly all the stuff i needed to do but wen ever i star up socom my psp crashes and i start all over i wanted to put cw cheat in my psp slim also i used the good seplugins the one u gave use and all of it still happeds.

reeveah

I'm currently using 5.03 GEN-A (psp 3000 - TA-088v3) and I'd like to know what is the procedure if I would like to switch to CFWE 3.60?

TIA :)