• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[GUIDE] The Ultimate 3.XX/4.XX/5.XX++ Kernel Homebrew List

Slasher

Suck It
I had a huge thinkingfest of old games that have been released for the PSP over the years so this is just a little reminder list for myself to see if they work on newer kernels(These may not all work on 3/4/5.xx++ kernels):

File Details-Mega-Mart-for-2.01-2.60-users-PSP-Homebrew-Games -
File Details-Defence-Station-Portable-v1.1a-(PSP)-PSP-Homebrew-Games -
File Details-FileAssistant -Contest-Version-PSP-Homebrew-Applications -
File Details-SnakeSP-v7.1-PSP-Homebrew-Games -
File Details-Droplets-for-PSP-v1.0-PSP-Homebrew-Games -

(I'll have to come back when I remember the rest of them)

badnat

Wouldn't RACE! be the better emulator for NeoGeo Pocket/Color? It's more recent and the readme states it's faster than NeoPop PSP.

And though you specify DGEN as being "full speed" isn't Picodrive also just as fast or faster? (certainly newer)
I haven't gotten the chance to try them yet (waiting on HEN) but confusion arose when I came across info elsewhere.

Slasher

Suck It
Wouldn't RACE! be the better emulator for NeoGeo Pocket/Color? It's more recent and the readme states it's faster than NeoPop PSP.

And though you specify DGEN as being "full speed" isn't Picodrive also just as fast or faster? (certainly newer)
I haven't gotten the chance to try them yet (waiting on HEN) but confusion arose when I came across info elsewhere.

Keep in mind this list has been continuously updated for over a year now ;)
Go easy on me lol. Some of the info may be considered 'old' although it's still useful.

As far as I can tell everything you've said is correct. I'll update the list to reflect that. Thanks for letting me know :)

badnat

Keep in mind this list has been continuously updated for over a year now ;)
Go easy on me lol. Some of the info may be considered 'old' although it's still useful.

As far as I can tell everything you've said is correct. I'll update the list to reflect that. Thanks for letting me know :)
Sorry if I sounded critical. The list was very useful to me. ;)

Slasher

Suck It
Now with the DOOM game, would i need the "Src" file along with the "DOOM" file?

No, you don't need the 'SRC' folder.

"SRC" is short for "Source", which just basically means the code that was used to make whatever it is that you are using. It's for developers that wish to edit or analyze the code themselves.

Teverek

Good work slasher you have helped alot of people with this post I am sure including myself.

Keep up the good work. Appreciate the time it took yah now once this HEN gets released Ill have a whole list of stuff to check out pure AWESOMENESS.

Again thanks.

przemekk121

Do you think that will work PSPTube? I think obviously the PSP with new Davee HEN.

P.S. Slahser I love your avatar :love::p

Wheres

HEy nice list I'm trying them out... So fat I have Jelly car on my psp 3k!!!! and to make it less confusing why don't you add a [ChicHEN R2 compatible] sign so people will know lol.

Anyway thanks for CSPOrtable!

imported_khan

The only way to run cps1, cps2, mvspsp 2.3.1 and mame4all 4.9r2 on chickhen r2 is to get ahold of usermode builds as 1.5 kernel or slim builds did not work for me even when tried with eLoader 1.00.

Hopefully, it helps someone out.

Hazo

The only way to run cps1, cps2, mvspsp 2.3.1 and mame4all 4.9r2 on chickhen r2 is to get ahold of usermode builds as 1.5 kernel or slim builds did not work for me even when tried with eLoader 1.00.

Hopefully, it helps someone out.

I've found FinalBurn Alpha doesn't work.

Unfortunately MVPSP requires M33 modules to run. :(

However, i did find that MAME4all 4.9r2 worked with metal slug 1 and 2, albeit very slowly(i'm guessing around 2-7fps - i didn't have fps counter up). Unfortunately having not run any arcade emulators in the past i'm unsure of this particular emulators efficiency with neogeo romsets, and as such I can't clarify whether this may or may not be a result of lacking M33 modules or not.

On another note, the following homebrew(mainly emulators) are working well.

snes9xTYL slimmecm test5 (05/27/08) - With Hen R2(not R1 OR Patched R1)
snes9xTYL slimm - Patched R1(not particularly relevant now, see above)
gpSP
Rubik
Filer6.0 - Kernel3 Build
DaedalusX64 Beta 2 Update
DGen 1.70
Bookr V8.1 - It loaded to menu fine, and exited, although I didn't try viewing and pdf files.