• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[GUIDE] The Ultimate CFW Installation Guide

elite

Oldie moldie
abdeirm, which firmware are you using? Also, what is the type of the PSP? More info would be useful.

J0EY

Cock for HEN!!
excellent guide elite.

i have a couple of questions on the section - How to Reflash/update/downgrade Firmware (Semi-Bricked/1.50 PSP Users See Here)

1. the link to (Step 3) 5.00 EBOOT downloads what?? i'm guessing it should download 5.00 M33. correct?

2. if the psp (2000) is not bricked at all can i just run hellcat's RF from the xmb or do i still need to go thru the recovery menu??

Cryox

Bro.
excellent guide elite.

i have a couple of questions on the section - How to Reflash/update/downgrade Firmware (Semi-Bricked/1.50 PSP Users See Here)

1. the link to (Step 3) 5.00 EBOOT downloads what?? i'm guessing it should download 5.00 M33. correct?

2. if the psp (2000) is not bricked at all can i just run hellcat's RF from the xmb or do i still need to go thru the recovery menu??

1. The 5.00 EBOOT is the official firmware. It is required to install 5.00 M33.

I can't answer you're other question though

elite

Oldie moldie
For question 2, yeah you can as long as it is CFWed. Hellcat's needs 5.00 Eboot to be launched upon installing CFW.

El Diablo

Hey, I started using my psp a little again recently to play some emulators and what not on the go. I'm still running 3.40 OE-A on it. I was wondering if updating to these other newer CFWs really provides anything that's a benefit? Like, would you possibly gain any performance increases or be able to use any different homebrew/emulators or does it pretty much just give access to newer features in the OFW that the older ones don't have?

elite

Oldie moldie
El Diablo, if you update to 5.00 M33 you'll have MS speed up, compatibility with newer plugins, and the ability to install Prometheus MOD.

Sorry for the late reply. One more thing, I updated my guide to place a comparison table for 5.00 M33 -6 and 5.50 GEN-D3.

elite

Oldie moldie
Please do explain. Do you mean that your PSP randomly restarts?

foni2k4

Great guide you have here. Im a newbie and i would love to download games and java softwares on my psp 1001 (fat). I have already 5.03 ChickHEN R2 installed. what do i need to do next? Anybody....

robhenry2990

im still new to this so sorry if this is a repetitive question. first ill start by what i have. it is a 200x us model psp running 6.35 ofw with the ta-088v1 mobo. i would like to goto 5.00 m33-6 now do i have to go all the way back to ofw 1.50 because i thought i read somewhere that doing that will brick my psp. what firmware should i goto and what program would u recommend doing that with vista?

elite

Oldie moldie
Just use the last section of this guide. You should have a Pandora battery inorder to go to a CFW.

vajvaj

Hi, i am totally new to psp and jz get a psp phat with ofw 2.71. Its a great guide and thanks. But i am still a bit blur bout something. Jz to make thing sure, i am suppose to upgrade my ofw 2.71 to ofw 5.03 and then booting to ChickHen R2. After that, by using Hellcat's recovery flasher v 1.60 to upgrade to 5.5 gen d3. Do these steps required me to have a magic memory card? Which mean that a pro duo from 512mb to 4gb? Or a 16gb memory card can also do the work?

elite

Oldie moldie
You don't need any kind of Pandora battery/Magic memory stick. :)

Go right ahead!

buffy007

Hi, I feel like a bit of a stalker but was hoping someone could help, im stuck.

I have a psp3000 OFW 6.37 and I'm taking a look at the "How-To Install Custom Firmware Enablers on PSP-1000,2000,3000 (Un/Hackable Motherboards)" Guide and wondering what sections of that apply to me. Would like permanent CFW if its safe to do so.

I take it I follow this one? http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=19446
From 'Upgrading to 5.03 OFW' and finish just before 'How to install CFE 3.70 MHU'?

THANKYOU!