• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Halo 3 Recon

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
bnet_02.jpg

Halo 3 Recon was announced just under a week ago at TGS, however we won't see it on retail stores for another year! Recon will be a stand-alone campaign expansion to Halo 3 detailing the progress of a ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper) who is more or less a soldier who relies on surveying the situation around him and picking his battles carefully - stealth will be key. You won't be the unstoppable Master Chief, but how different the ODST will be is yet to be known. Multiplayer will be the same as Halo 3 as well but with new maps.

To find out some more answers to your possible questions, pleaser refer to last week's Weekly Update from Bungie: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=15806

Oh wow, didn't know about this, I wonder if it will be a downloadable thing or a seperate game altogether.

Pixel Princess said:
Oh wow, didn't know about this, I wonder if it will be a downloadable thing or a seperate game altogether.

Separate game entirely (note - standalone release)

I'm not excited about this at all... Halo 3 didn't do it for me, so I'm gonna assume this will be the same. However, I'm not surprised that they are making a new game.

The campaign in Halo 3 seemed like the same old thing. It felt repetitive and dull. Halo 2 was much better. The only thing that kept me playing Halo 3 was the multiplayer. This next installment better bring something better and different to the table

halo 3 multiplayer is good

however, those story missions were in fact horrible

Well, the Mythic Map map will be coming out sometime early 2009, but will also be included with Halo 3: Recon. I can't wait for this game :D

Back