• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I'm excited for this game. I just hope it doesn't end up like Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy where it starts off great and gets a little too ridiculous towards the end.

RoxaxiS

I still think it is gonna be disappointing. I just feel it. Hollywood like things in a game?? We already see tons of movies like this. "Oh My God, they kidnapped my daughter".(Things like this)

Maybe it is a good thing but i just don't like it.

We just have wait & see...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I still think it is gonna be disappointing. I just feel it. Hollywood like things in a game?? We already see tons of movies like this. "Oh My God, they kidnapped my daughter".(Things like this)

Maybe it is a good thing but i just don't like it.

We just have wait & see...

It's going to be much better than Hollywood... Go play Indigo Prophecy :p

Riorio99

I'm going to skip this game until it comes down in price. I think the game looks awesome, but I'm just not sure if I'm going to enjoy it. I've never really been into games like this, but I'll give it a try.

Scorned

I'm gonna be all over this game once it's released.

I hear it will really test your patience due to the extent of "realism" experienced (You have to actually go to a lightswitch and turn it on for the light of the room to actually alight).

But nonetheless, I'm psyched.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
This will most likely be my next game purchase. I've been keeping tabs on it for awhile and can't wait to play.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I've got mixed feelings about this title. If there's one thing I hate in video games, it's QTE, and the early gameplay videos were dominated by them. I'm interested in playing something a little more "adult," but if this isn't paced right, I know it can go bad quick.

Robby

Los Doyers!
4GB is considered alot on the PS3?

Adiuvo

4GB is considered alot on the PS3?

Depends on if you have a 20 gig or not. For the newer ones though, it's not much.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Im very iffy on this game. I'll have to play the demo first.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
So its a point and click game?
Meh, you can't really compare this to real actors and movies.

But none-less the quality looks insanely good for heavy rain.

Joey

So its a point and click game?
Meh, you can't really compare this to real actors and movies.

But none-less the quality looks insanely good for heavy rain.

No, you walk around like a normal game. Calling it an adventure game is sort of a misnomer, but there's really nothing to compare it to.

It's basically an interactive movie.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Just finished with the demo, and I'm still not sure whether to buy this game or not.
The walking is clunky, and it gets a bit annoying when you walk past an action and try to position yourself find it again.
The action scenes are pure quick time events, but its done well compared to other games with them. My gripe with QTE's are that I focus on what button to press that I miss the action, but Heavy Rain actually flowed and got my heart racing.

I played the first level 3 times(since I liked it better than the 2nd level), and each middle is different. Even if you say one thing differently, you could miss out on a entire part. I can definitely see replay value for this game.
Overall I enjoyed the demo, but not sure if I can spend 5+ hours with it

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
my biggest worry is the controls. They could either work really well or be totally awkward. Especially since I game with just 1 hand.