• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I've got mixed feelings about this title. If there's one thing I hate in video games, it's QTE, and the early gameplay videos were dominated by them. I'm interested in playing something a little more "adult," but if this isn't paced right, I know it can go bad quick.

Not a fan of QTE either. Honestly this seems like a modern day version of Myst to me, based on what I've seen from gameplay videos. I'll check out the demo sometime this weekend but my hopes aren't high. I think it will appeal to a very niche group of people.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
This game is actually getting better than good reviews almost everywhere scoring 89 on Metacritic. I guess Limited Edition for me is still on.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
The same game get's packaged with the regular edition super fan.

wut? Didn't understand that.

Anyways I just got it for the nice package and free DLC. Don't understand your hate Abe. I should also mention it's the same price as the regular edition. Yup.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I don't have any hate, I just found it funny that a review score appeared to dictate which version of the game you were going to pick up.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I don't have any hate, I just found it funny that a review score appeared to dictate which version of the game you were going to pick up.

If a game is worth it I'll buy the special edition, I like to collect. Therefore me looking at review scores first. Otherwise I'll get the regular edition if I like the game enough.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Hasn't anyone else gotten this game here besides me?

This game is splendid and I'm loving it. Even my roommate and GF are loving it just watching. I highly recommend it :p

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I'm still planning on getting it just don't have the funds right now. :(

Slasher

Suck It
The walking controls are terrible.

THIS

The demo was pretty interesting and I liked the way it progressed, but the walking... oh god, it's horrible. If it was just a simple analog push, or perhaps more of a resident evil style of walking, that would have sufficed for me.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I've gotten used to the walking controls. You never really learn to like them, you just Learn to tolerate them.

Overall I liked playing this, but the voice acting can be bad at times (especially the child characters) and this game freezes a lot.

I do like the way the save system. It stops me from going back on choices like I do in every game that allows choice. The game also does a good job of hiding who the killer is, [BLACKOUT] although I did notice on my second playthrough that the game never allows you get Scott Shelby killed. (I tried to drown the fucker) This would have been a dead giveaway if I noticed the the first time around. [/BLACKOUT]

I would recommend at least playing this. If you're on the fence about it, rent it or wait till you can find it for cheaper then $60. I like it a lot, but it's not really much of a game and should not have been priced as such.
But I knew what I was getting when I bought it and I had fun playing it, so I can't complain.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I finally got my copy of the game. I haven't gotten far yet but I'm really enjoying the experience. It takes me back to the good ole days when I played point and click adventure games religiously.

Bran

Yell
I'll actually play this some day instead of just watching my friends play it twice in one sitting.

I want to get the totally evil ending.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I finished the game for the first time[BLACKOUT]; I did so with everyone still alive, even Hassan[/BLACKOUT]. Since I don't get much time to play at any given time I was wondering if someone can answer me this.. If I back track with saving enabled will the epilogues I've seen so far count towards the all endings trophy?

Edit - Alright I found the answer on a thread in another forum and you do indeed need to save as you back track.