• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Help on adding PSX game cheats (CWCHEAT)

Puritytears

Hi , i want add a new cheat for my psx game , however i totally clueless on how to add .
Anyone can help me ? thanks in advance :laugh:
The codes are like
D0134EE4 0020
801557A8 0016
which is actually meant for PS1 gameshark/action replay etc .

Alex

i beleive there is a homebrew for that, start googling lol.

Alex

sorry, ive never used cwcheat, give a shot and try

Ray

Just added to the bottom of cheatpops.db, or if yours is emty at the beginning.

Ray

Ok you have to do it this way:

1- You just need to rename the cheat.db to cheat.txt so that you can open it with notepad and write the codes in it.

2- the codes need to be in order first you need to have a file like this (the example is from a FFVII cheat found on this <a href="http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3585&page=2">thread</a> you need to put your game info here just use this as a guide)
_S SCUS_94163
_G Final Fantasy VII
_C0 Experience Up
_L 8009BF70 FFFF

so yours should be something like this
_S The game save folder in here, you can see that in cwcheat when you open it while in the game and go to the cheat list.
_G the name of the game goes here.
_C0 Here you put the cheat's name and its C and number 0 not letter O just maaking sure ^^
_L Here goes the code.

3- Now you just need to rename the cheat.txt back to cheat.db and enjoy your cheats ^^

Btw i think the PSX cheats have a different db file something like a popscheat.db or cheatpops.db not sure, (don't have my psp with me to check) hope this helps ^^