• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 How to connect to PSN without updating to 3.21

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
[**** UPDATE - Since the posting of this method, Sony has put in place detection of the proxy methods listed here. Unfortunately they no longer work as a means of getting on PSN without updating. - NeilR ****]

Heres a video which can help you if the steps are not helpful:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwHEHSmEx7M[/YT]

How to use:

run the LG5tool exe
click on the frimware update box so its checked
then click start proxy it will show you ur ip adress
go to ps3 and click network settings
click on internet connection settings
click on the custom method
click wireless or wired (what ever you are using)
#wireless only: click scan
#select ur wireless conection (ssid)
# confirm ur ssid(network name)
#select your security settings and fill out ur password and ursername
click automatic for "ip adress settings"
click do not set for "DHCP hst name"
click automatic for "dns settings"
click auto matic for "mtu"
click use for "proxy server"
type in your ip adress that shows in LG5tool itll be somthing like "192.168.x.xxx" (the x are numbers that are diffrent for every one for example mine is 192.168.1.101)
click enable for "upnp"
then test your conection

Sign In then uncheched frimware update box and Sign in

Enjoy, This has been tested my me :D

RoBz

sucker
Or, you could simply set your DNS server to 67.202.81.137
Thanks to Aaron for setting it up.

EDIT: As of 13/04 this doesn't work. :'(

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Doesnt work for me, i keep getting a connection error. I disabled all my firewall and everything :(

Dan

Contributor
I'm getting 80028EA6 on Mikey's method. I just keep timing out.

Edit: Sweet, done it. Thanks.

Dan

Contributor
Just open the application, uncheck the firmware box and click 'Start Proxy'. 3.21 should then show up in the firmware information. Copy the IP address into the proxy in your PS3 settings, then connect to PSN.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Just open the application, check the firmware box and click 'Start Proxy'. 3.21 should then show up in the firmware information. Copy the IP address into the proxy in your PS3 settings, then connect to PSN.

Exactly what i did, when i test connection ip address is obtained but i get connection error. Oh well il try again tonight.

Dan

Contributor
Nero, keep the application open at all times whilst online. Try the same thing with the box unchecked.

Also, that link you gave Mikey was missing a file, so if anybody's wondering why it's not working, put this in the same folder as the application.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Weird thing is, it works without proxy but i cant connect to the internet with proxy on. Any suggestions?

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
u can connect to psn without proxy :S ? Its not really a proxy it uses your ip as a proxy. Make sure the port and ip address u entered is the same on the app.

Also make sure that the correct features are automatic.

Any help just ask me.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
u can connect to psn without proxy :S ? Its not really a proxy it uses your ip as a proxy. Make sure the port and ip address u entered is the same on the app.

Also make sure that the correct features are automatic.

Any help just ask me.

Ive been trying for ages, no without proxy turned on it says connection successful (on connection test) then tells me to update, when i turn proxy on it says ip address obtained but connection failed. Yeah the port and ip are the same as the app has shown.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Yeah, i dont think its that, i just cant connect to the internet when i turn proxy on.

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
and you defiently have this done:
click automatic for "mtu"
click enable for "upnp"

????

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
and you defiently have this done:
click automatic for "mtu"
click enable for "upnp"

????

Yeah! i tried robz method but i get dns error

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Ah it worked, tried the dns thing again and it finally connected. The proxy nada, i HATE proxys from now on!!

Thanks a lot mate for your time! :D

Add me Dante_7 im on now.