• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 How to connect to PSN without updating to 3.21

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Finally got around to turning on my PS3 and trying this. After I unchecked the firmware box I had got a connection error signing in but I simply had to stop and restart the proxy and it worked after that; thought that might help some others who got the same initial result.

karnbmx

ceebs. :)
I'm sure something like this would be coming as Standard Package in geohot's custom firmware....

This is starting to look like trouble....

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
I'm sure something like this would be coming as Standard Package in geohot's custom firmware....

This is starting to look like trouble....

When he made his post he didnt know that using a proxy to connect to psn would work.

However we still dont have the features of 3.21 thats whats hes working on is to bring us the features of 3.2.1 but with the other OS option. This was done a few times in the PSP scene i beleive

Vortex3D

I tried all the the methods from this post and not a single one worked for me. Internet Connection test always fail for me.

But if I use "PS3.ProxyServer.exe" written by someone else sometime ago, it worked on my PS3 that has Firmware 3.15, but not on Firmware 2.x such as 2.80.

I'm hoping LG5tool will allow my PS3 that has Firmware 2.x to connect to PSN.

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
I tried all the the methods from this post and not a single one worked for me. Internet Connection test always fail for me.

But if I use "PS3.ProxyServer.exe" written by someone else sometime ago, it worked on my PS3 that has Firmware 3.15, but not on Firmware 2.x such as 2.80.

I'm hoping LG5tool will allow my PS3 that has Firmware 2.x to connect to PSN.

Let us know how it goes...

Vortex3D

Thanks, this work great. Add me psn Wardanyo

Maybe I confused. My PS3 network settings for the Proxy is pointing to the Windows box that is running LG5tool ip address.

I tried checking and unchecking the firmware box in LG5 tool and restarted it, but it never worked on my PS3.

Sometimes LG5tool app would die if I keep having my PS3 test the connection.

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
did you try use the video for a referance?

Also make sure everything is enables correctly.

Follow the steps carefully and should work if not Reply back...

Vortex3D

did you try use the video for a referance?

Also make sure everything is enables correctly.

Follow the steps carefully and should work if not Reply back...

Yes. I also followed the video.

LG5tool on my Windows box never show firmware version number in the "Update Version". That's after I have the "Firmware Update" box checked or not checked, and tried Test Connection, System Update, or Sign in.

I assume if LG5tool doesn't show the Update Version number, my PS3 isn't able to communicate with LG5tool even the Proxy is pointing to LG5tool ip address?

It's interesting that the older PS3.Proxyserver.exe is able to communicate with my PS3. Both tools are using a similar idea.

My network is running on 10.0.0.x address.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
It sounds like windows firewall is blocking the program. Did you check/add your exceptions or did you try disabling it momentarily?

Vortex3D

It sounds like windows firewall is blocking the program. Did you check/add your exceptions or did you try disabling it momentarily?

I'm not sure if it's really the firewall because the older PS3.Proxyserver works on the same Windows box, and firewall is set to off on the Windows XP SP3. I have tried having my router DMZ pointing to my PS3 but that doesn't have any effect.

Could LG5tool only works on certain version of Windows?

Question if this is not a secret to reveal. How does LG5tool trick PSN to work with older firmware 2.x? PS3.Proxyserver used to work with firmware 2.x until Sony changed something on the PSN side. You can reply to me in private message if want.

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
what os are you running? (Im using XP all runs fine)

How it works:

It basically tricks the PS3 to not lookup the PSN dns or something not 100% sure how it does it :D

Vortex3D

what os are you running? (Im using XP all runs fine)

How it works:

It basically tricks the PS3 to not lookup the PSN dns or something not 100% sure how it does it :D

I also tried setting the DNS to 67.202.81.137 but didn't work.

The older PS3.ProxyServer redirects the firmware version check to a file that you can define firmware version requirement. But that trick stops working when Sony changed something on the PSN side prevents firmware 2.x from logon PSN.

I wonder if there's anything to do with my ISP side. But if it's DNS workaround, then my ISP shouldn't have anything to do with it. My OS that LG5tool running on is WinXP SP3.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I used RoBz method and it works perfectly.
I wont update until forced by CD, or until they add something worth losing otherOS for.

Vortex3D

With firmware 3.15, I could use RoBz's DNS 67.208.81.137 without LG5tool running to connect to PSN. But with firmware 2.80, I cannot connect to PSN using the same DNS method.

Those who are able to use the DNS method, what firmware is your PS3?