• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

IdStorage Manager

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Here's the v1.1 of my IdStorage Manager application for the PSP. This app lets you dump, view, and verify the IdStorage Keys on your PSP. v1.1 is now in HEN (homebrew enabler) format so that it is easier for stock PSPs to run (no more devhook + 1.50 needed).

For people who never read readme's :rolleyes:

make a directory like ms0:\PSP\GAME\idstoragemgr (or GAME150 for people with custom firmware)

copy EBOOT.PBP, idstorage.prx, and the empty keys directory there (you don't HAVE to copy the empty keys directory... you could also create it there as well)

Activate HEN (on stock systems... not needed for custom firmware) and run IdStorage Manager like any other homebrew.

Note: you MUST have a keys directory in the same directory as this app if you wish to dump the keys. The current version doesn't create it. To verify keys, you would put the files representing the keys into this keys directory.

EDIT: 2007/09/16 v1.3 release. Major update, so read the readme. Adds ability to edit keys, set the colors, and displays some actual status info about the PSP and select keys.

EDIT: 2007/09/03 v1.2 release. New features are ability to create and delete keys, and the colors are inverted to make it easier on the eyes.

Attachments

• IdStorageManager1.1.zip
    306.8 KB · Views: 1,034
  • IdStorageManager-v1.2.zip
    331.9 KB · Views: 594
  • IdStorageManager-v1.3.zip
    337.1 KB · Views: 22,646

XsavioR

great work

Nice work again , and thanks. To any one worrying , i used this and over wrote , and fixed my keys. It works perfectly.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer

XsavioR

Should be next. (i think) This is a utility , that makes dealing with it manageable. Since this is hen-enabled you can use it to back up your keys b4 running the proven downgraders. Than the keys can be fixed later. And the deleted key in the downgrader is a mute point. Its another part in the total solution. Stay tuned for more infos :p

Once all the tools are out and tested (on my psp first) the exact options will be posted... Sit tight wtfawk:) This will all make sence soon.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Okay. Thanks for the clarifications. :)

infiltrate

Just wondering what does it this actually do.. i used to have a PSP a while back that was 1.5 and my friend lost it. He just replaced it after a year :/. but anways atleast i have it back. This one is one of those TA-082 or w/e i downgraded it, and i am happy to say it worked. But i was wondering are there any differences with the TA-082 at 1.5 and other psps at 1.5?

If they are.... are there some programs i can't run on this PSP?

XsavioR

This allows you to :

1. view keys on a non downgraded psp
2. back up (dump) keys on MS of a non downgraded psp
3. ~Advanced~ Allows you to write backups of keys to psp from MS

In effect this is a tool Chilly made to aid him in testing and verifying his idstorage. It does not watch what keys you write back to your psp. So the average user shouldnt use that function. But it is invaluable for new users to Backup and view their keys. Because it runs under hen-d, which is for the 2.71 downgrader (the most damaging one Also the first one).

Another tool will be released for repair soon.

Yes there are some differances depending how you downgraded. Once all the utilities are out it will be rather simple to correct. Sit tight till every things out , it will become allot simpler. You may need to fix your psp in some way. I suggest being patient till all the tools are out . What you need is next up.

infiltrate

My psp was 2.71 when i got it and i upgraded it to 2.8 and then i downgraded. Are there differences since i downgraded it like this? and the fact its a TA-082 or w/e i can't install certain programs to make my psp look cool like... (themes, icons and etc...) also the Dark Alex firmwares...

If i can install Dark Alex's firmwares are there certains one i can't use like the latest one? or anything i need to know?

I just want to add a cool background and install Dark Alex's Firmware nothing too in depth

Thank You in advance for answering these questions even though i know its not the right place.

XsavioR

That downgrader corrupts keys 4, 5 , 6 ,
You can run idcopy to restore key 4,,, (from key 5 where it was stored)

You want 5 corrupted.

restoring 4 with this utility will make your psp stop shutting off at 12 % power. and solves some brightness issues

**note this is for 2.80 downgrader users and users who use the 3.03 DG with out codes prx ONLY

There is a new app comming soon that will do a better job .... I suggest waiting on it ....

infiltrate

Ok then i will just wait no hurry i guess better safe than sorry.... i really appreciate your help.

Thank you once again

infiltrate

I was just wondering i just bought a 4GB is it ok for me to install devhook and have games on my memory stick for right now? While i wait?

BTW i think i just realized mines is a TA-086

coyboy

i would like to restore my key 0x0005. I know this will make the psp not be able to run custom firmware or the 1.5 kernel but honestly, I just want to jump back on the SONY boat to take advantage of the free t-mobile wifi being offered in 3.30

I have the original 0x0005.bin but I don't know of a app that will write it back to the psp flash.

Thanks for the help guys.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i would like to restore my key 0x0005. I know this will make the psp not be able to run custom firmware or the 1.5 kernel but honestly, I just want to jump back on the SONY boat to take advantage of the free t-mobile wifi being offered in 3.30

I have the original 0x0005.bin but I don't know of a app that will write it back to the psp flash.

Thanks for the help guys.

3.30 OE should be released in the next couple days with the T-mobile feature so I recommend waiting :wink:

XsavioR

reverting back to sony fw , has got to be the worst idea you could have . Oe will come , it will have it , the sony boat will sink and youll go down with it .

coyboy

Well thanks for the reply. I was hoping you guys would tell me a way to restore my idstorage key 0x0005 instead of judging my reasons for doing so. I just want to play games and enjoy my PSP and I have come to learn that you can't expect someone like Dark_alex to keep releasing fw versions right after Sony does, with all of the functionality, everytime and for free.

I guess it was MY mistake for downgrading and corrupting my PSP's idstorage.

Thanks again guys.

Zephyrus

Well thanks for the reply. I was hoping you guys would tell me a way to restore my idstorage key 0x0005 instead of judging my reasons for doing so. I just want to play games and enjoy my PSP and I have come to learn that you can't expect someone like Dark_alex to keep releasing fw versions right after Sony does, with all of the functionality, everytime and for free.

I guess it was MY mistake for downgrading and corrupting my PSP's idstorage.

Thanks again guys.
To be honest, within a short time span, for at least months to even years, hackers will continue to crack whatever Sony has come up with related to firmwares (such as firmware restrictions on games) to allow everyone to be able to play these games. It might not be Dark_AleX, but many others will continue to do so. You can just jolly well stick with the custom firmware since currently, there's nothing much offered in the latest Sony firmwares except "security fixes".

It doesn't harm to wait a while and eventually get everything Sony offers in homebrew-ed custom firmware. You sounded as if you were whining about how homebrew and stuff (will eventually die)... It's too bad, since you're going to miss out a lot if you intend to go with Sony's original firmwares instead of "tweaked" ones... Homebrew-capable firmwares offer you much more than just games. They give you more choice on multimedia, application such as PSPRadio and IM which is way better than what Sony is currently offer. And look, EVEYTHING ON THE HOMEBREW COMMUNITY IS FREE (even if some sites decides to sell homebrews, they will not be successful as the homebrew community doesn't condone that).

Would you rather spend money buying lots and lots of GAMES to play on the PSP when you can get homebrew games & applications for free? The homebrew community offers you much more. The reason why I even bothered to type so much is because I couldn't bear to see you whine, even with all the good stuff.