• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Introducing points system (EXP) and cross platform leaderboards

Joorkan

The cap on EXP is 50K per game currently. Since it has so many achievements this kind of limits the value. I would be open to adding an exception for WoW, maybe around 1M EXP total for the game would be fairer.
Yes, that would be great. I understand that cap was made for some achivements-spamming games, but Wow surely isnt one of them so higher cap would be fair and more balanced.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Appreciate the explanation.

Maybe a tweak to the general formula might be worth considering, at least. (Per-game is obviously not realistic.)

Currently a 100%-rarity trophy in a trophy-booster game like Space Kabaam is worth about the same as a 4%-rarity achievement in Offroad Legends.

Space Kabaam = 84 EXP for 12/12 trophies (rarest 93%)
Offroad Legends = 24 EXP for 11/19 achievements (rarest 3%)

Does not compute. 🤖
I made some tweaks to the distribution curve, looks like it has improved situations where too much EXP was allocated to the rarest achievement with Offroad Legends 2 for example. Now, the achievements with 3% rarity are giving around 500 EXP currently.

I just pushed this change so not all EXP values have updated yet, they will sometime tomorrow.

EXP cap has been raised for WoW and StarCraft II as well (up to 1M EXP total).

SilentJay76

I made some tweaks to the distribution curve, looks like it has improved situations where too much EXP was allocated to the rarest achievement with Offroad Legends 2 for example. Now, the achievements with 3% rarity are giving around 500 EXP currently.

I just pushed this change so not all EXP values have updated yet, they will sometime tomorrow.

EXP cap has been raised for WoW and StarCraft II as well (up to 1M EXP total).
Much appreciated!

There was some weird stuff going on yesterday, with the total EXP per game not matching the achievement EXP. But looks like it's sorted itself out over night. 👍

liber1989

Something happened to exp points in Paradox games and Northgard. My points from EU4, HOI4, Stellaris and at least Northgard dropped by thousands. All togheter, my games lost 20k exp points from 106k to 86k. Every mentioned game lost at least few thousand points.

Joorkan

After changing WoW cap to almost half of million, it looks like my points didnt change at all. Im not sure how many points I had before cap changing, but now I have 2847 exp points from 1363 achievements. Most of them are still worth 1-2 exp. Having 20% of achievements from 0,5 kk cap should be around 100 000 exp points. I know that it doesnt look like exactly that way, by 2847 points look extremally too low.

1711186891142.png

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
There have been a few more updates.

- Raised the multiplier to 3000, up from 1000. This will make each game's total EXP worth 3x as much. It'll help devalue spam games more as they only are worth the base EXP (50) and won't benefit from the increase.
- This should also help with the points per achievement being quite low for games with a large amount of achievements (200+).
- EXP cap of 50K per game has been lifted. Not too many will go beyond this still though.

These changes will go in effect sometime tomorrow when the leaderboards update.

tyl0413

Yeah I've just noticed a huge boost on my Origin games, infact now I have more EXP on Origin than Steam, were the changes applies to all platforms and games? Everyone still keep their place on leaderboards?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah I've just noticed a huge boost on my Origin games, infact now I have more EXP on Origin than Steam, were the changes applies to all platforms and games? Everyone still keep their place on leaderboards?
All platforms and games yes. Steam hasn't updated yet but should a few hours from now.