• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone "4G" Lost and Retrieved, Not by Apple Though

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I've dropped my 3G too many times to count. It's in rough shape and cracked on the edges and cracked near the headset, but it still works like a champ.

TeamOverload

If that thing can be jailbroken it looks like it'd be a good change (It looks like it can take more of a beating, as one of the largest flaws of all the iPhones and Touch's is they break EXTREMELY easy. I've even heard of them break just from temperature changes and humidity and such).

They break extremely easily? I have the first gen touch, and that thing has been through hell and back and only has the usual wear and tear scratches to show for it, no problems at all. Not sure if the new ones are cheaper or not, so that is always possible.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
It might have something to do with temperature and humidity, because around here the first or second time they're dropped the screen is done. We had a huge discussion in English class, not one person's iPhone wasn't broken, and they only dropped it once. Still, the 4G looks quite hardy.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
They break extremely easily? I have the first gen touch, and that thing has been through hell and back and only has the usual wear and tear scratches to show for it, no problems at all. Not sure if the new ones are cheaper or not, so that is always possible.

The touch is different and more durable (no glass in touch). The iPhone is very prone to cracks and shell breaks

TeamOverload

The touch is different and more durable (no glass in touch). The iPhone is very prone to cracks and shell breaks

Fair enough, his post mentioned touches as well, thanks for clarifying. I'm considering an iPhone, so I think I'll actually keep that in mind since I'm quite clumsy. Or I'll just be sure to pick up a good case.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Oh, I suppose that would explain a lot. I thought the touches had glass screens too..I don't really know anyone with one, thought they were the same. My bad.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Um... the ipod touch screen is glass.

My bad, been a while since I touched my iPod Touch. Either way I want to say that the iPhone's glass is prone to breaking more than the touch, I never felt like the touch's screen was as fragile as the iPhones

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
This was a good watch (David Letterman: Top 10 Excuses from the guy who lost his iPhone Prototype):

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH4yCmc9OkE&feature=player_embedded[/yt]

Make sure to watch the whole thing. I applaud him for coming out and saying what I was thinking: who cares? I don't think it deserved the amount of attention it got either, hence the late article I wrote up.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Cloudy

I personally think they deserve what they get. What they did is questionable morally, legally and ethically and I personally disliked that they named the engineer involved. His future job prospects are currently close to zero. He really should hope he keeps his job at Apple.

eldiablov

Contributor
I personally think they deserve what they get. What they did is questionable morally, legally and ethically and I personally disliked that they named the engineer involved. His future job prospects are currently close to zero. He really should hope he keeps his job at Apple.

Oddly, I see no real problem with it. It just created hype for the 4g :huh:

EDIT: Obviously aside from the engineer, who is an idiotic dick.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I think it may have been a staged leak to create hype but hey, I'm probably wrong.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Oddly, I see no real problem with it. It just created hype for the 4g :huh:

It's not as if the 4g needs hype, though. Apple likes to keep an iron grip on information and Gizmodo robbed them of the chance this time. The announcement of a new iPhone would still generate massive hype regardless.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Oh I agree with that and expected a criminal investigation into this, but the means by which it is being conducted gets me

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
That's what you get for publishing stuff about a stolen item (It was by law stolen). I kinda feel bad for the guy, but really it's his fault.

Adiuvo

Same. Did they ever demand the phone back? As far as I know they only issued a cease and desist order.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Same. Did they ever demand the phone back? As far as I know they only issued a cease and desist order.

Apple requested the phone back and they complied. The issue on hand is whether or not buying the lost property is legal I'm thinking