• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

IRC

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
Well, I realized a day ago that eXophase actually has an IRC.

I have 2 requests/suggestions/feedbacks:
->Make the fact that exophase has an IRC more visible... i personally cannot find a place where it says exophase has an IRC... I just tried and it worked! (If it is mentioned somewhere and i could not find it then im sorry but can we please have it in a more visible place?)

->Make a web based IRC client just like the one on www.dark-alex.org so that we can access the IRC even when we are away from home. Right now i have to find a machine with a client on it and only then can i connect.

Hopefully we can have a more active IRC this way. (Which is right now pretty much dead)

Hope my suggestions are useful.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I was fairly sure we did have an announcement on this but...ah well

http://exophase.com/irc/

There's a web based java IRC client for exophase.com

maybe I should get onto x3 about this.. :\

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
Okay, as i said.. i couldn't find it anywhere...
this website sure has a lot of hidden stuff!

anyway.. thank you...

you can lock this now, as its pretty much useless now..

since its already there...

january39

eXo Staff
nah...if we revealed any way to contact him, his message-per-day count would be OVER 9000!

And 8999 of those would say.

When is the psp-3000 going to be ............................... :eek:hmy:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I think he means use #sceners-en, the main chat channel on irc.dark-alex.org. I don't mind moving it over, since I'm an admin there as well.

Unfortunately Dark_AleX himself does not visit there :p He's not very fond of IRC, for obvious reasons.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, ive sen you there x3sphere :smile:
you were recently made admin right?

Nah, have been admin there since the network started actually. :) I've known some of the ops there like Alek for years, before dark-alex.org existed.

J

jx233

What if Exophase could use the MforMature IRC?

MforMature shares news with us, so maybe we can use their IRC.

I know x3sphere set the IRC to Sceners.org, but I just wanted to suggest MforMature too.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
What if Exophase could use the MforMature IRC?

MforMature shares news with us, so maybe we can use their IRC.

I know x3sphere set the IRC to Sceners.org, but I just wanted to suggest MforMature too.

lmao
Our IRC channel is on the same network as MforMature, both of which are on malloc.us
Admittedly, the MforMature channel gets a lot more traffic but I think that's cause a lot of Exophase users congregate on that channel too since we all play tf2 and other stuff happens

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
That's something I considered but MforMature isn't focused on PSP. Like MenaceInc said, all we do on that channel is usually talk about TF2, or other random things. Since people logging on the IRC are usually in search of PSP help, I think #sceners-en is a better choice. It's just as active, most of the time anyway.

J

jx233

MenaceInc said:
lmao
Our IRC channel is on the same network as MforMature, both of which are on malloc.us

Oops! I didn't know that before.

january39

eXo Staff
Anyone put me in the direction of a tut for IRC, i have no idea how to use it? Yes, im thick:blushing: and i feel it.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Anyone put me in the direction of a tut for IRC, i have no idea how to use it? Yes, im thick:blushing: and i feel it.

I could use one 2

I was fooling around with chatzilla on mozilla and managed to get to the exophase irc but still a tut would be nice

http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/irctutorial.html

there's a nice tutorial
You'll need proper clients though IMO
There's absolutely loads of those

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IRC_clients

The one I recommend and use would be Visual IRC

the one that nearly everyone swears by would be mIRC but I tried it and didn't like it

some of the basic commands you'd need would be
/server (used to join server networks such as irc.malloc.us...
"/server irc.malloc.us" being a good example)

/join (used to join channels like #eXo or #mformature...
"/join #eXo" or "/join #wtf" being examples...)

/nick (used to give yourself a nickname...
"/nick MenaceInc" for example. This is serverwide so any channels
you're on will show this and change with this command)

"/me" (used to say something in 3rd person[/me]
"/me runs to google" would show as "MenaceInc runs to google"
without your nick saying that you said it...it's more obvious when you
try it)

those are some of the few commands I know
I'm very much unexperienced in the realms of IRC and don't know anything about the likes of IRCops but it should just come along with time