• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Israel-Palestine War; what do you think?

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
A new war just began a few hours ago in Gaza.

I'm Jewish, so it sort gives me biased views about the situation. What I don't understand though, is how the media gives Israel the bad rep about killing the Hamas when Israel has suffered losses too. Do some people just not get it? Do they just hate Israel for some reason that cannot be explained?

It began when Palestine shot missiles into Israel, Palestine attacked first. All that Israel wants to do is defend itself, and now, many European countries are supporting Hamas' decisions.

What do you guys think about what is happening as I type?

Robby

Los Doyers!
I don't like Israel because they killed innocent civilians, tortured prisoners, and taken the land of harmless people among other things.

spike021

I don't like Israel because they killed innocent civilians, tortured prisoners, and taken the land of harmless people among other things.

Let's not forget that Hamas has also captured soldiers, one of them has been held prisoner for the past two years.

You're making it seem as though Hamas has done nothing to spite Israel.

Robby

Los Doyers!
In my opinion Israel is just the greater of the two evils.

RoBz

sucker
In my opinion Israel is just the greater of the two evils.
Definitely. They've been doing this for years, the Palestinians have done fuck all compared to what they have done. They fucked up Lebanon in 2006, which was pretty uncalled for also.

Robby

Los Doyers!
"The American government has paid Israel almost one hundred billion dollars over the years. Part of that money is used for occupying Palestinian land, in opposition to international law, and to kill dissenters."
I see the end of the Jewish Israel coming to an end.

Israel is the epitome of terrorism.

I think Israel started the fight anyways, before 1948 there was little to no violence in that area. Then some Jews and the UN decided to take land in Palestine because it is "holy land".

spike021

"The American government has paid Israel almost one hundred billion dollars over the years. Part of that money is used for occupying Palestinian land, in opposition to international law, and to kill dissenters."

Where is this quote cited from?

I see the end of the Jewish Israel coming to an end.

Israel is the epitome of terrorism.

I think Israel started the fight anyways, before 1948 there was little to no violence in that area. Then some Jews and the UN decided to take land in Palestine because it is "holy land".

Those two words are terrible. It's based on your assumptions, basically your biased views.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Hamas is basically a terrorist organization that wants to get rid of Jews, I don't know how Israel is a greater evil. If you think that land originally belongs to Muslims, that's fine. But the land we live on used to belong to Native Americans, you don't see them bitching and throwing bombs at us, do you?

Bump:
If you look far enough into the past, you'll see that Israel was originally its own land. But again, that was many years ago and then Palestine claimed that it was theirs, which then began the long struggle.

The sad thing is, this war wouldn't exist if people didn't take religion so damn seriously.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
The sad thing is, this war wouldn't exist if people didn't take religion so damn seriously.

Regardless of beliefs, all of these wars and past hate crimes would be drastically reduced if there was no religion. Without religion there wouldn't have been a Holocaust, Palestinian - Israel war, or Salem Witch Trials just to name a few.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Regardless of beliefs, all of these wars and past hate crimes would be drastically reduced if there was no religion. Without religion there wouldn't have been a Holocaust, Palestinian - Israel war, or Salem Witch Trials just to name a few.

I disagree. if it wasn't religion, it would have been race, or any other form of cultural dispute. religion doesn't cause wars, it just puts a face to our need to be violent waring people. it might prevent some wars, but others would replace them. we CAN NOT be peaceful for some reason.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
I disagree. if it wasn't religion, it would have been race, or any other form of cultural dispute. religion doesn't cause wars, it just puts a face to our need to be violent waring people. it might prevent some wars, but others would replace them. we CAN NOT be peaceful for some reason.

To some extent. Yes wars would still happen but not in the number and significance as they are with religion. History would be completely different without religion.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
I actually think that your using religion as an excuse. It has caused some disputes in the past, I concur, but it really has no bearing on what goes on in the world. It's the peoples' decision that matters.

People's decision does matter and they choose to fight for their religion.

How is it an excuse? I don't see it as an excuse but more as a reason just like power, wealth, and land. It has equal importance as the other three.

Religion has a huge importance and impact on the world..
It is the foundation for many countries' morals and ethics.

Religious War

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yea religion does play a part.
People normally make their decisions based on their religion.

spike021

But we're straying from what I originally meant with this thread.

It all began with Hamas, simple as that. They fired the rockets into Israel. If Israel hadn't moved in, they would have never stopped killing/injuring civilians. Now Israel is only trying to take down buildings that are being used to house weapons stockpiles and to store fuel. Look at Hamas again, they can't fight out in the open, they have to resort to hiding among civilians so that Israeli soldiers can't get to them as easily. They're such cowards, and if you still want to deny that, then you need to take a look at the issues at hand again.

Also, when the Israelis attacked a school because it was holding weapons, if you didn't believe that, then you should see the video of it happening. Moments after it being attacked, there is a secondary explosion which is caused by either fuel or weapon storage.

And let's get this straight, the Israeli Intelligence is pretty damn good. I don't think they would create an attack based on an assumption.

Slasher

Suck It
What do I think?

Israel ftw

Just a gut feeling. They should be allowed to defend their territory. If Hamas (Reminds me of Hummus from dont mess w/ the zohan lol), is firing the odd missile into Israel just to piss them off, what do they expect is going to happen? It's Israeli land regardless of how they've obtained it, so they should have the right to defend it imo. Both don't exactly have a clean record, but I'd have to hand it to Israel with this one