• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 2

Joey

The deadzone for the analog seems a little big as well. [/url]

As far as I know, this is a problem with the Dual Shock line of controllers, not the game it's self. That's why most people prefer the 360 controller for FPSs.

Which isn't really a problem for me any more, I'm totally cool with the controls now. It's the net code that needs a fucking over haul.

user friendly

I'm not sure if your thinking of the looseness of the DS3 or not but it's definitely looser than the 360's but that's not really what dead zone is. I thought the dead zone of the 360's being slightly larger was known. I've heard it from many people and just found this article as well.

Slasher

Suck It
Then why does every FPS on every Playstation platform have a massive dead zone?

Not true.

This game's deadzone is intentionally coded in as being much larger than usual. IMO I think they should make it more precise, even a little bit would make a world of a difference

Slasher

Suck It
This aiming/controls problem is really starting to bug me lately. I'm trying to aim at a guy and the aimer fucking fly's past him because of a combination of both delayed input (there's actually a proven 150~ ms delay) causing me to be unable to aim at him because he's in a different position by the time my aimer gets there AND because the acceleration just generally works in an awkward way with acceleration being sporadic.

I've tried to convince myself in the beginning that it's just a part of the game that I'm going to have to get used to, but I've recently come to a realization that there's a significant problem here that needs to be fixed.

I find myself just moving my character instead of bothering to move the aimer because moving the aimer means that I'll be dead by the time I somehow adjust it to actually aim at the enemy.

Here is a great read about the whole ordeal that I'm starting to realize.

Joey

Not true.

This game's deadzone is intentionally coded in as being much larger than usual. IMO I think they should make it more precise, even a little bit would make a world of a difference

And it's not helped by the fact that the Dual Shock line of controllers has an innately large dead zone.

Joey

Is online not working for anybody else? When it searches for servers, it keeps giving me a network error.

hippie

joey get on 360 to talk and ps3 to play some killzone i have yet to find my headset for my ps3 edit- its working for me

user friendly

Below is a list of fixes included in this patch. There is no new content or new features, but the list is pretty expansive. Check it out:

* Stability issue regarding randomly named games resolved.
* Stability fix when rapidly tapping (X) can cause crash on spawn-select.
* Stability issue regarding Saboteur’s disguise ability resolved.
* Stability fix on ‘Creating game’ with a blank name.
* Stability fix for repeatedly entering exiting game.
* The Ignore list functionality corrected.
* Unlock of “Frontrunner” Medal now functioning correctly.
* Fix for incorrect award of win to clan not showing for game resolved.
* Battle Replay for Corinth Crossing not appearing correctly on Killzone.com.
* Issue with not being able to defuse the Search and Destroy objective resolved.
* HUD issue correction during Assassination mode when playing as a Medic.
* Controller input tweaks and modifications.
* Fix for auto-lock on of shotgun exploit.
* Fix for D-Charge issues in Campaign mode.

I guess the network was down earlier for this. These tweaks better just be an extra option because I love the way they are now.

And it's not helped by the fact that the Dual Shock line of controllers has an innately large dead zone.
You're crazy dude, I can't tell if you're being serious or just a jackass.

Joey

You're crazy dude, I can't tell if you're being serious or just a jackass.

I'm being serious...The Dual Shock is not great for FPSs...

I have gotten used to it though, so it's not even a problem any more.

I have to say though, I got the engineer class finally, and the turrets are next to useless. They don't kill anybody unless they stand in front of the damn thing for 10 seconds. I got one kill in an entire game with 3-4 turrets up for most of it. They need to ratchet up the damage on those things, bad. Either that, or allow Engie's to use another weapon than the shotgun. The Shotgun is rad, but on Corrinth Crossing, it's no good.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM EST ----------

joey get on 360 to talk and ps3 to play some killzone i have yet to find my headset for my ps3 edit- its working for me

Yo, dumbass, I got on right at 6:30, where the hell were you?

user friendly

I'm being serious...The Dual Shock is not great for FPSs...

I have gotten used to it though, so it's not even a problem any more.

I have to say though, I got the engineer class finally, and the turrets are next to useless. They don't kill anybody unless they stand in front of the damn thing for 10 seconds. I got one kill in an entire game with 3-4 turrets up for most of it. They need to ratchet up the damage on those things, bad. Either that, or allow Engie's to use another weapon than the shotgun. The Shotgun is rad, but on Corrinth Crossing, it's no good.

YES, the turrets are way to weak. They're not intimidating in the slightest, they are more of an annoyance than anything. I have found that when you can, put them on a crate or somewhere that they'll be above the action. They can register headshots and it's easier to get HS's this way.

Vee

I think this game needs to have more aiming assistance added ala cod. Also the size of the clip you start off with is pathetic.

user friendly

I think this game needs to have more aiming assistance added ala cod. Also the size of the clip you start off with is pathetic.

No way. Skill vs skill :mad:

Clip size isn't a big deal to me, just get better with the pistol.

Anyone try the new controls? I hear, it's an improvement.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I finally had some time to play MP a bit. I hate the HUD in this game, can you turn off the part of it where a monstrous line of text takes over the screen documenting every effing kill in the match?

Apart from that, I'm noticing the same lag issue that Joey is seeing a good part of the time. How do you get new classes and weapons? Just keep playing and they unlock?

Whisper

Logic :(
I finally had some time to play MP a bit. I hate the HUD in this game, can you turn off the part of it where a monstrous line of text takes over the screen documenting every effing kill in the match?

Apart from that, I'm noticing the same lag issue that Joey is seeing a good part of the time. How do you get new classes and weapons? Just keep playing and they unlock?
In the personal statistics there is a section that explains the rewards for each rank/medal. Not to mention the requirements for each reward.