• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 2

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
So true >_<. I beat it on Veteran without too much difficulty...except for the last part. My God that was awful. It would have been so much easier if my AI buddy could stay alive to actually cover one of my sides :-/

Every time a friendly went down and I had to revive them, I couldn't help but ask myself why they didn't co-op the single player on this. It would have made for a much more enjoyable experience.

Vee

Every time a friendly went down and I had to revive them, I couldn't help but ask myself why they didn't co-op the single player on this. It would have made for a much more enjoyable experience.

10 squid says GG will release a co-op patch.

Slasher

Suck It

Vee

I'll take that bet.

I say it because GG primarily denied making a co-op patch, then days later when asked again said that they were "looking into it".

In my language, that means "we're not saying no". Especailly when so many critics have said its needed. Though i'd expect them to hold onto it for a bit to revitlise. the game.

Slasher

Suck It
So after about 2 hours of playing online I've finally picked up the Medic class. Now I can revive downed teammates. Sweet

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
I still love this game. I played with user_friendly today. He always puts on some bad options that make the game hard to play >_<

And I was kicking his ass when it was 1v1 until some guy went on his team and it was 2v1 >_>

I think my favorite part of multiplayer would have to be how one match will have 5 different missions, when most games have one match per mission. The variety is great, and if one team is strong in one area they don't dominate the whole time.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I still love this game. I played with user_friendly today. He always puts on some bad options that make the game hard to play >_<

And I was kicking his ass when it was 1v1 until some guy went on his team and it was 2v1 >_>

I think my favorite part of multiplayer would have to be how one match will have 5 different missions, when most games have one match per mission. The variety is great, and if one team is strong in one area they don't dominate the whole time.

Go on IRC. :) I'm trying to give people some of my beta-days strategy. Although, user_friendly may not want me to. Bleh! user_friendly: probably getting it in a week or so (Amazon.com).

user friendly

Lol, I was able to get you a few times. I forgot to change some of the match settingsbut that last MFORMATURE.NET room was packed within minutes, which I think you joined in on.

MP is a blast for me. Some very hectic matches today.

About team AI, you wouldn't want the game to play itself would you? I think it's pretty well balanced for the most part and you really don't need to revive them.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Lol, I was able to get you a few times. I forgot to change some of the match settingsbut that last MFORMATURE.NET room was packed within minutes, which I think you joined in on.

MP is a blast for me. Some very hectic matches today.

About team AI, you would'nt want the game to play itself would you? I think it's pretty well balanced for the most part and you really don't need to revive them.

It was except for friendly fire >_<. I had to quit after the first game, I just couldn't stand it. I came in second even with 13 team kills. Think of how many points I could have had. And how many people died unnecessarily. :p

Adiuvo

I just finished my first online match, and it was great. I've gotten used to the controls, though sometimes I press L2 thinking it's sprint. Reducing the sensitivity made it much easier to get kills, and I ended up with a 1.3 KD, about.

Adiuvo

I've been a bit worried about that as well. I just wish there was a way to map custom keys. PC games always do it, and I don't understand why consoles don't. The default setting is perfect for me except the sprint button.

Slasher

Suck It
COD4's sprint was L3, so it really isn't a problem for me with this being L3 as well. My controllers are the old ones when I first got my PS3 and they still feel like new.

Seth

MD Party Room
For anyone still looking to get killzone 2 for about 53 bucks,newegg has it and with fast shipping ,unlike my still not shipped copy of killzone 2 that I bought threw amazon a month before the stupid game came out.

Newegg.com - Killzone 2 Playstation3 Game SONY

Slasher

Suck It
I think I've found a glitch in the multiplayer. It's actually happened to me a few times but I think I've found out what's doing it.

I think it happens when if you die and fall off of an overpass or something and also end up in that mode where you can still be revived, your character basically doesn't end up falling and he just keeps on running in the direction that you were originally going. It still shows your screen as grey and dying but your character doesn't fall down and just keeps running and in a standing position.
I'm pretty sure this couldn't have been lag because the opposing team was still firing at me as my character was 'running' away even though I was dead... it's not like it's game compromising or anything, it's just something I think I've found.

Great game nontheless, easily patchable quirk.

Slasher

Suck It
This game is a laggy mess...

What? Not at all.
Are you referring to the controls or the game itself?

30 fps != lag

Killzone 2 is a weighty, slower, more tactical first person experience that focuses on immersion. It is not a twitchy, split-second gun-wielding experience like some shooters.

Joey

What? Not at all

30 fps != lag

Killzone 2 is a weighty, slower, more tactical first person experience that focuses on immersion. It is not a twitchy, split-second gun-wielding experience like some shooters.

I'm talking about network code. Not a single kill I got registered correctly. Guys would fall full seconds after I shot them. I shit you not, there were times when I shot a guy, and 2-3 other kills in the game would pop up before they finally died.

Also, the controls sucking has nothing to do with the pace of the game. This game has zero aim assist, which is pretty much unforgivable for a game played with the dual shock 3. It's impossible not to over shoot your target when you try to aim at them. When people talk about what COD4 got right over this game, that's what they're talking about.

Keep in mind, I've been in the top 2 in points on my team in every game I've played so far, so this isn't a case of me sucking at the game.