• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

L4D 2 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSheep

He will.
And not only him.

The fake site must have been registered and set up by someone.
Even if (whoever did it) used fake credentials, the IPs are logged that accessed the server to install the site.
Those IPs can be retrieved (at least by federals) and tracked down until a name shows up.

I can already see the yellow letters: "GAME OVER".

If one messes around, it should be done propperly, not foolishly....

* Hellcat;91597 now counting the days till trackdown

Plz do so.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I dont care about the games I care about the ppl on my friends list!

Oh... I care about my games... I fought hell to get them... And if I lose them... I *will* go berserk...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
That doesn't mean squat to me right now... You know how much that account is worth? How much I suffered and worked to have all those games?

Believe me... That's over 6 years of money spent... And if it's going down, I'm taking someone with it.

ilyace

You still haven't answered to us why you said "downloading it now" even though you can't download it.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Did you at least make a complaint?

duh? Course I did... But everyone says Steam Support is crap... You better pray that they do well in my case..

^above post:

yeah my roommate said that was why he tried it... you said you were DOWNLOADING IT

Slasher

Suck It
I still don't understand how a website can retrieve and steal your steam account without you entering your steam username and password. If you honestly entered your username and password onto a site that isn't the official steampowered site, then you deserve to have your account jacked from you.

Maybe I'm missing something here.

Oh, and if your email is verified to your steam account I'm pretty sure that person can't change a damn thing about your account unless it's confirmed through your email first.

Sullivan

So when I had this sort of mishap with another member on here,
about me being sent to a phishing site by a member from here,
I got looked down on, made fun of, and humiliated, and called a liar,
and no this happens... again; from another member.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I still don't understand how a website can retrieve and steal your steam account without you entering your steam username and password. If you honestly entered your username and password onto a site that isn't the official steampowered site, then you deserve to have your account jacked from you.

Maybe I'm missing something here.

Long story short:

I was having a wonderful day. I let my roommate use my steam account to play HL2 offline. He looks at MfM and sees this thread saying "ZOMFG L4D2 OPEN BETA I'M DOWNLOADING IT", he tries to download it too. My account gets hacked. I'm pissed.

You do realize you look quite foolish calling out somebody on the internet?

I know where he lives.

Scorned

I know where he lives.

Oh sorry, I didn't realize you wanted to waste the money to go all the way to where he lives to "serve some justice".

From the looks of it you sound like:
boss_nigger.jpg

And like Slasher said, theres also fault in you and your roommate. Its fucking yo! blacksheep, you really can't expect much.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Oh sorry, I didn't realize you wanted to waste the money to go all the way to where he lives to "serve some justice".

[qimg]http://www.impawards.com/1975/posters/boss_nigger.jpg[/qimg]

And like Slasher said, theres also fault in you and your roommate. Its fucking yo! blacksheep, you really can't expect much.

I was with my GF on the kitchen so I wasn't here to see who the poster was... When I got here and saw it I almost had a heart attack...

That account was my life for a long time... I don't mind getting a cheap plane to his location (which is still inside this country) and kick the everloving crap out of him...

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran

[qimg]http://www.impawards.com/1975/posters/boss_nigger.jpg[/qimg]

what you don't trust Yo! blackskeet? he's the most honest person I know. He's downloading it now.

ilyace

So when I had this sort of mishap with another member on here,
about me being sent to a phishing site by a member from here,
I got looked down on, made fun of, and humiliated, and called a liar,
and no this happens... again; from another member.

Cool story man.

Status
Not open for further replies.