• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Left 4 Dead 2?

Slasher

Suck It
133720-L4D2.jpg

Destructoid - Rumortoid: Valve, EA to reveal Left 4 Dead 2 at E3 next week

Left 4 Dead 2 may be seeing a revealing at E3 sometime next week. Rumours suggest it's set for release on both the 360 and PC, much like the original Left 4 Dead was. There's said to be new guns and new melee weapons including a baseball bat, a chainsaw, and even an axe.

The premise is said to be nearly identical to the first Left 4 Dead - there's 4 survivors traversing through 4 distinct levels each with their own stages. The levels are said to be similar to the levels in the original Left 4 Dead in the sense that you would be going through other parts of the same locations.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Man, I really need to commit some time to finally play the first one. It's been collecting dust since I bought it.

Joey

Maybe they should focus on finishing the first game, seeing as how it's far from having $50 worth of content.

Slasher

Suck It
Maybe this rumour is referring moreso to some DLC rather than an actual sequel? Sounds more like Valve in both the delivery and the content. I hope that's the case anyways

Cryox

Bro.
I have been meaning to find a copy of L4D used somewhere. Now i better hurry and find one so i can play and beat it if this L4D2 rumor is true.

LocutusEstBorg

L4D was the biggest waste of 1000 bucks I've ever spent. Once you've played throught everything around thrice its done for good. The combat is way too brainless and unskilled for prolonged play. The hit detection and death animations and server response are bullshit.. CS1.6 is better in most respects, graphics aside.

Its way too overpriced for such little content. You get CS:Source, DOD:Source and HL2DM for 600 bucks! You get HL2, HL2EP1, HL2EP2, TF2 and Portal for 600 bucks! Can't believe I blew so much on this blindly because of the hype. Should have pirated it first. Hell I could have bought 2 copies of GTA IV for that much and sold one of the keys online at foreign price and broke even!

Tacking on a baseball bat and some crap and calling it a sequel is laughable.

LocutusEstBorg

He's probably talking about rupees.

Yes I am. And I made a big deal out of it because buying an origianl game IS a big deal. I have to save up for months to afford one and I feel completely cheated and ripped off by this sub par crap.

Even if they release it as DLC its still a ripoff considering how much content the HL1 Bronze pack got through updates. The CS:source official bots, so many awesome maps and all that.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I really don't believe this. Tacking on more maps plus a few extra items and calling it a sequel is well... cheap, not something I'd expect Valve to do. If anything, this content - if real - is prime to be released as DLC.

Valve will be showing something at E3 though. I have an appointment setup with them. I have a strong feeling its Half Life related.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I have been meaning to find a copy of L4D used somewhere. Now i better hurry and find one so i can play and beat it if this L4D2 rumor is true.
There is nothing to beat, theirs no story or anything....
Either way if you buy L4D2 you're not messing out on any story.

Many people are in uproar about this... It would make more sense if L4D was an 'episode', but an outright sequel so close after the original is very strange, espescially after VALVe themselves stated they wish to add content to L4D much like they did for TF2. Plus, it's not like L4D has a storyline; the L4D2 additions could easily be built into L4D.

It's so unlike them, my only explanation is the possibly the use of a new engine (Source 2?) to release an entirely new game.

PS: Could a mod possibly merge the two threads into one game discussion?

Joey

There's a rumor that it's all a big hoax cooked up by Valve. It has some legs, for me because while it's hard to believe any company would go to these lengths to fool their customers for what would be a small gain in publicity, the opposite seems equally unlikely. Everything about L4D2 seems completely un-Valve like. They don't announce sequels litterally months after they release a game, they've already said they had plans to support this game with DLC, ala Team Fortress 2, and... Well, come on, Left 4 Dead 2? They're more creative than that.

I don't like to be the kind to wear the tinfoil hat, but in this case, I really don't know what to believe.