• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Left 4 Dead 2?

Here's some new stuff here from Ars. In short, they wanted to put so much into it, it would have to be a sequel. Additionally, most L4D content will be compatible with L4D2, possibly even better, allowing the new characters, etc. Their excuse is that it's still a good deal. It sounds like L4D(1) has itself, been left for dead.
pardon the pun. I couldn't help myself :p

Personally, what I hope to see, is an 'upgrade' option (For Steam owners), or even a special offer for L4D owners. It would make sense, seeing as L4D2 appears to be making L4D(1) redundant, and would be a good strategy, VALVe won't appear to be abondoning L4D owners so much.

Colm

I've spent more hours on L4D than most games. To anyone who hates the idea of L4D2: gtfo :p. Those who say "L4D didn't have enough content"... read this comment from the start. L4D is awesome, and the amount of content is decent.
L4D2 will ship with 5 campaigns, 4 new characters, new Specials, new weapons, new mode etc. It's L4D's content multiplied by two. This justifies the price. Hell, even if you think it's expensive at launch, just wait for the price to drop on G2Play.net or something. I know I will, and I'll probably get L4D for $20 on G2Play after christmas, or on the Steam boxing day sales.

And it'll be a GOOD game.

Joey

I've spent more hours on L4D than most games. To anyone who hates the idea of L4D2: gtfo :p. Those who say "L4D didn't have enough content"... read this comment from the start. L4D is awesome, and the amount of content is decent.
L4D2 will ship with 5 campaigns, 4 new characters, new Specials, new weapons, new mode etc. It's L4D's content multiplied by two. This justifies the price. Hell, even if you think it's expensive at launch, just wait for the price to drop on G2Play.net or something. I know I will, and I'll probably get L4D for $20 on G2Play after christmas, or on the Steam boxing day sales.

And it'll be a GOOD game.

How is it L4D's content multiplied by two? It's the same amount of content.

Colm

How is it L4D's content multiplied by two? It's the same amount of content.

Cross content. I will try to find the link, but Valve is working on allowing people with both games to use the content from L4D in L4D2.

WillyVWade

I fucking want to be able to play either game with any of the 8 characters.

Then we only have to have 1 honkey in the team, and it can be Zoe because she's fit.