• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Little Big Planet

Nevada

Pack shots

2950664899_132003c6ff.jpg

This game has caused quite a stir, apparently it has been delayed almost a month because of content needing to be changed on the retail disks, because of that these early copies that slipped through the net are now as rare as rocking horse poop.

2950665105_dbf9599214.jpg

Rear shot, just because!, for those with poor vision, the features are :
Players 1-4, Required HDD space 600mb, 720p support, Online - Broadband required, Playstation eye (and unofficially, playstation eyetoy), Wireless headsets.

2951517434_84bd2af849.jpg

Just like to point out how cute the spring like effect on the manual is, it's continued on the other side and actually looks pretty realistic, as you can see from the disk, this is final retail, NOT the white and red promotional copy disks.

<< Review to follow later >>

Shatterdome

"On-line Broadband Reqiured" ....then isn't it even stupider on Sonys part to think anyone would be getting this game that does not have the internet, and cannot update the game Day one...

Damn it...

Nevada

Shatterdome said:
"On-line Broadband Reqiured" ....then isn't it even stupider on Sonys part to think anyone would be getting this game that does not have the internet, and cannot update the game Day one...

Damn it...
it's Online : broadband required
as in, dialup won't do, theres still an immense amount that can be done offline.

Hardrive

Contributor
They're being recalled for Qu'ran references or something. It doesn't make much sense IMO. Sony claims they'll begin shipping to retail on October 27, which is much shorter than a month (*cough* Nevada *cough*).

Full Article

Nevada

Hardrive said:
They're being recalled for Qu'ran references or something. It doesn't make much sense IMO. Sony claims they'll begin shipping to retail on October 27, which is much shorter than a month (*cough* Nevada *cough*).

Full Article
UK retailers aren't shipping pre-orders until nov 14th.

Scorned

I think Best Buy has already sent pre-ordered copies out to people, but im not too sure, my friend got his already though.

Im still waiting for Gamestop to call and tell me they have my copy ready.

twelve

I'm not dead
Hardrive said:
Why? It seems like the gaming industry exists only to mess with European gamers.
Thank god someone outside of Europe has realised this.

Oh well I guess I'll pick up Dead Space on Friday instead of LBP now.

twelve

I'm not dead
Play.com still haven't changed the release date from this friday. I wonder if they're not sending their copies back. Guess I'll find out on friday.

Seth

MD Party Room
So can you post that song that the game got recalled for?

Qur'an references in music thing...

Muratcan

Vanden said:
So can you post that song that the game got recalled for?

Qur'an references in music thing...

http://mt14.quickshareit.com/share/preview/soundclip22503c0.wav

1- In the 18th second: "كل نفس ذائقة الموت" ("kollo nafsin tha'iqatol mawt", literally: 'Every soul shall have the taste of death').

2- Almost immediately after, in the 27th second: "كل من عليها فان" ("kollo man alaiha fan", literally: 'All that is on earth will perish').

NYYFAN

Scorned said:
I think Best Buy has already sent pre-ordered copies out to people, but im not too sure, my friend got his already though.

Im still waiting for Gamestop to call and tell me they have my copy ready.

Good luck with that. I went to two different Gamestops today, and a GameCrazy and all three clerks told me they were shipping them back/already have.

I don't believe the Gamecrazy dude for a minute though, he assured me it won't be out until Nov. 30

EDIT: Most gamestops have got the game back today(10-25-08) and are selling them to those that have it pre-ordered. I have yet to get a call from my Gamestop even though I pre-ordered it.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Nevada said:
[qimg]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3030/2951517434_84bd2af849.jpg[/qimg]
I just got my copy the other day, but I just noticed I have a plain white inside boxart. I kind of feel cheesed off.

I guess it will be an easy way to see who has the original versions.

Scorned

Just got the game, and actually got to the point where they had the song in. Although it doesnt have any lyrics, it still fits quite nicely.

NYYFAN

Finally the online has been fixed. It was unplayable for the first few days but it now is running pretty smooth.

Add me if you want to do some co op - Nyy4ever2008

twelve

I'm not dead
UK users with pre-orders check your inbox. Play.com shipped them out yesterday.

I should have it 2moro, which means I HAVE to finish dead space tonight.