• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Load hen in one try,never fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGamer

PRo GaMeR
+ Rep If the post Hepls

afteralter

S for Surreal
i use my method. try it if you can't make chickhen r2 work.

assuming that you have put h.bin on ms0 and chickhenr2 folder on pictures folder located on root of MS

1. shut down your psp (not sleep mode, turn it OFF as in hold the power button up until the LCD turns black)
2. turn on your psp
3. go to settings > system settings > system information (you just have to view the system information)

it'll be like this
(OFW)

System Software : 5.03
Nickname : XXXXX
Mac Address : XXXXXX

now this is the MOST IMPORTANT STEP

4.) GO TO PICTURES and OPEN CHICKHEN FOLDER and "WAIT" (as in WAIT don't do anything just open chickhen folder)

your screen "crashes" and psp reboots

now go to your system information and you'll see this

system software : 5.03 ChickHEN R2
Nickname : XXXXXX
Mac Address : XXXXX

voila. works 5 out of 5 for me

psp 300X(forgot which was it) silver
ratchet and clank edition

edit : i'm using chickhen R2 (the one davee released)

eXpander

Hey found this file which loads hen i one try very fast
for davees hen we have to try try try

this file download it and put the images in your picture folder
and load it by scrolling down at last images

try it and reply

thought this would be useful to u guys who are loading hen again and again and crashing

THE FILE ----- added the file again

+ Rep If the post Hepls

You are my god!!! :)))
I have tried all sorts of things but couldn't make the HEN load properly. This worked for me, as you said, with the first time :))))

Thank you very much!!! Homebrew here I come :)

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
It worked great for me for a while, but its rather confusing whats happening now.
Before, it would work each time, i was happy then.
Recently, for some reason, it only worked ever other time.
Now it doesn't work for me at all, and i haven't changed anything.
The same thing happened with the last method I used.
Is my psp becoming self aware!?!?!?!?! 0.0

Bill

Restore you psp to default settings. That should make ChickHEN load again.

indo

will this also work for a FAT.
I got a real old psp but until know i didn't get it to work yet.
Tried all difrent kind of versions. psp-1000

DarkGamer

PRo GaMeR
No luck. I guess i'll try some older methods i had.

it works with me 100% i will show u the method step by step ok
1 delete the orignal chickhen from davee and also delete the egghut file from the root of memstick

2 copy the h.bin provided from the download to your root

3 make a folder in your photo named chickhen like this photo/chickhen/pictures that i provided

4 means photo/chickhen/pictures from my first post then

5 then reboot it and go to the pictures in psp then press x on chickhen folder
now very fastly scroll to the last picture without wating in middle wait to let it load yes it will reboot and now u are in chickhen r2:D

junya8971

it works with me 100% i will show u the method step by step ok
1 delete the orignal chickhen from davee and also delete the egghut file from the root of memstick

2 copy the h.bin provided from the download to your root

3 make a folder in your photo named chickhen like this photo/chickhen/pictures that i provided

4 means photo/chickhen/pictures from my first post then

5 then reboot it and go to the pictures in psp then press x on chickhen folder
now very fastly scroll to the last picture without wating in middle wait to let it load yes it will reboot and now u are in chickhen r2:D

FYI this isn't going to work for everyone you know. Everyone has different memory sticks with different loading times. For me I am using a Micor SD Adapter with 2 16gb micros and the ChickHEN loads everytime it is wierd. I guess it is the loading speed of the memory stick.:laugh:

Davee

lolhax
FYI this isn't going to work for everyone you know. Everyone has different memory sticks with different loading times. For me I am using a Micor SD Adapter with 2 16gb micros and the ChickHEN loads everytime it is wierd. I guess it is the loading speed of the memory stick.:laugh:

More the initialisation speed, but you're correct saying it is to do with the memory stick. These pictures don't *really* do anything.

AndrewYY

More the initialisation speed, but you're correct saying it is to do with the memory stick. These pictures don't *really* do anything.
But they act as a way to delay the loading of slim.tiff, so it's easier to load at the same time, every time, right?

Also, I've noticed that every time I try to load chickhen, it works, regardless of when I enter the images folder. However, after that, timing is key, and if I get it off, it will crash. Add this fact to the fact that chickhen refuses to load with a background image, and I get to the conclusion that the modules (or whatever they're called) for drawing images aren't normally loaded in the xmb, and right after they are loaded, timing becomes an issue, regardless of whether or not you turn off background image, etc. Am I wrong?

Zerackiel

Fraking Frog
You are a fraking godlike genius.
Work very fine for me with your method.

I was bored to /format MS every time...

Bubbletune

But they act as a way to delay the loading of slim.tiff, so it's easier to load at the same time, every time, right?

Not really. It's because of a random number generated at boot, which pads all memory around. As this random number is based upon a timer, timing is the key during boot. You're obviously delaying/speeding up the boot process if you have more or less files in your Memory Stick. This may be why these packs seems a bit effective, but it's mostly just a coincidence. A great example is fake memory sticks, they take longer/shorter to initialize than the average one, so the chance that the boot timer ends up correctly is smaller, but not zero, as the timer isn't always exactly the same, you can just raise the chance of it being the same.

afteralter

S for Surreal
This failed even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.