• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC MFM Counter Strike Source RPG Surf/Normal Surf Server

Brad

Yoshimi
I need to judge some interest in this before we green light it for the server line up. Please post if you would be interested in using it and any questions/concerns are also welcome.

Idea: Counter Strike Source Surf Server + RPG Mod or Normal Surf Server (Game Server)
- The RPG mod keeps people coming back IMO. [About]

Thanks

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Is this one of those forum/site RPGs? If so, yes! Bring it on :D

Brad

Yoshimi
Is this one of those forum/site RPGs? If so, yes! Bring it on :D

RPG mod is for Counter Strike Source servers. As you gain kills within the server you earn points towards new abilities and perks such more health, long jump, ammo regen and so on. I find it works well on surf servers.

All earned and bought while playing.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
never heard of this CSS Mod =\ But sounds damn interesting.

Count me in!

Brad

Yoshimi
I'd defo play this, although I'm terrible at surfing :/

Yea it takes some practice but once you do you can get to the good places in the maps and pick off people with ease.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I'd love this. Man I used to play surf_gauntlet back in the day...dam that was a hard surf map.

RPG mod though I'm not too fussed about. Personally I don't like them but hell, I'd play it if it's setup.

Brad

Yoshimi
I'd love this. Man I used to play surf_gauntlet back in the day...dam that was a hard surf map.

RPG mod though I'm not too fussed about. Personally I don't like them but hell, I'd play it if it's setup.

Yea we will have to reset it from time to time if we get a large build up of people with maxed skills. The long time players with be rewarded for being the most OPed, that's whats keeps me going to the same RPG Surf server over and over.

Moose

Meta Moose
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

I would be willing to help pay for this, too. :)

EDIT: Or perhaps donate money towards the cause so we can get more slots?

Brad

Yoshimi
Surf maps are a waste of bandwidth.

Maybe you can give more detail your more of a expert on this. You and moose ran a surf server for QJ before correct? The server would be off MFM server's so technically no cost but donating towards the site would help.

explosions

Why can't people learn threads are made for one specific reason, and the content should relate?

Is MfM hosted on dedicated servers? Colocated? How many are they?

Colm

Well, our TF2 server is tempoarily hosted on ES's server, not MFM's. AFAIK we'll be moving it back soon, running some tests and doing a public release.
But yeah, iirc all MFM stuff runs on one server.