• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Mformature's Stock Exchange

Colm

They're definitely not. Pfizer just bought out Wyeth yesterday with the results expected to be a 5000+ person layoff associated with the merger.

Edit - Pfizer to buy Wyeth for $68 billion, cut jobs - U.S. business- msnbc.com

Yeah, just heard about that now. Thinking about changing my moves. Also, the PFE prices are fluctuating ATM making my recent purchase of shares in them a loss.
Also, I'm investing big into AIB atm, it seems that they're making a steady increase over the last five days.
So I bought 5,050 shares. No, seriously.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Damnit, google skyrocketed today, and my lack of google stocks made a ton of people pull ahead of me.

eldiablov

Contributor
Just came in to say that google has been an epic win for me today. I invested at least $60000 in google last week :D

Colm

I lost big on Pfizer because my shares weren't selling for some reason.
I did however, win big on AIB, LSI and one other company, the name of which escapes me.
Oh, and it wasn't Google :p. But I earned a bit with them

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I love how a lot of people decided to invest in LSI after seeing how well it did for me
Now time to invest in.. Waffles, Tasty waffles with lots of syrup

Teowulf

I love how a lot of people decided to invest in LSI after seeing how well it did for me
Now time to invest in.. Waffles, Tasty waffles with lots of syrup

Great idea, but I'll one-up that. Hummers. Invest all of your money in hummer. Experts predict an imminent rise in hummer sales.

Colm

My AIB risk really paid off, hit top10 a few minutes ago, seem to be knocked out of it again now though :(

Kyle0wnsyou

Lavate las manooos!!
Now more than ever, in today's global economy is it a good idea to sell short on stocks.

A simple explanation is when you sell short on a stock, you're buying it and then immediately selling it to a lender. You do this because you're hoping the stock will actually go DOWN, so when you have to buy the stock back from the lender, you pay less than what you received from him the first time you sold them to him. VSE does this all automatically, so you just hit Make a Trade, enter your company, and Order Type is "Sell Short". However, If the stock market value of a company whose stock you shorted goes UP, you will have to buy back the stocks from the lender at a higher price than what you sold them to him for. This is called "Buy to Cover". You'll see that there also under Order Type.

Teowulf

Dang it, google is killing me. For some reason it's been skyrocketing, so all of these people whose strategy is pretty much "buy as many google stocks as possible" pulled ahead of me. If google plummeted I'd probably be back up to 2nd or 3rd.

Teowulf

Nothing was stopping you buying into google :p

Common sense was. Normally putting all your eggs in one basket is stupid. But apparently Google doesn't believe in common sense, lol. And I also seriously thought Google would not be rising in the midst of a recession.

Also, I bought Campbell's Soup Stock. Will it be mailed to me, or will I at least get a picture of the soup stock? Lol, couldn't resist.

Colm

PFE shares are STILL not selling.
AIB has dropped 25% today.
I lost on ADM.
Google prices have fallen.
LSI is atm going through a rough patch.

Time to sell everything and start from scratch?

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
And just like that I lost 15 thousand dollars. Funny because I was planning to sell all my LSI before the stock market opened this morning but I woke up late and it ended up screwing me over big time.

Teowulf

And just like that I lost 15 thousand dollars. Funny because I was planning to sell all my LSI before the stock market opened this morning but I woke up late and it ended up screwing me over big time.

Yeh, you got destroyed. We all lost money though, most companies went down.

Whisper

Logic :(
A bit of both. I randomly picked a [small] company and did some 5 minute research of its stock portfolio to see how they have been doing for the past few months.

I took accounting in high school which had a stock game like this, so I semi-know what works and what doesn't.

I still got plenty of eggs left, I just need to wait for the perfect time ;)

Dang it Serideth, you pulled ahead of me. Don't worry though, pretty soon you and Sousa will both fall behind, putting all your eggs in one basket.
Teowulf's perdiction in action.