• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition to Come with Night Vision Goggles?

Triklops

Wow..that looks real. But it feels too good to be true unfortunately..there has to be a catch somewhere.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Fully functioning Night Vision Goggles? Somehow, I doubt it. Still... AWESOME. :tup:

Cryox

Bro.
I've always wanted a pair of Night Vision Goggles..... This can/will go right next to that useless MC helmet I got with Halo 3 :D

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
If I had to guess, this would be in the $120 ballpark. I'm also a little annoyed that the industry is going the way of the infomercial and adding $20 worth of junk and doubling the retail cost.

Riorio99

CBA to link, but according to Joystiq, the $80 version is the Hardened Edition, it comes in a metal tin and has a free copy of the original CoD for Live/PSN, IIRC.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I'm amazed noones noticed yet....

The Hardened and Prestige editions DON'T HAVE THE CALL OF DUTY LOGO ON THEM

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm amazed noones noticed yet....

The Hardened and Prestige editions DON'T HAVE THE CALL OF DUTY LOGO ON THEM

Uh I'm pretty sure we have all noticed that and as a result I personally will pick up one of the two just for that reason. It was a last minute addition (the CoD to the title) so the hardened copies will not have them as they were probably in production before this decision was made (a change can still happen as we have several months to go).

If the success of the Halo 3 Legendary pack will be any indication this won't sell well and will eventually be dropped to $80 or even lower. I'm expecting at least $130-150 for the pack (the price of two retail games). I don't know if I'm going to purchase it yet.

EDIT: It's common sense that the hardened edition will be $80, I don't understand why Joystiq even had to make a post about that (It is listed on several sites like that already, hardened = collectors edition which usually retails at $10-20 above the normal retail for the standard edition of the game).

Scorned

Im wondering if this will eventually lead to more weaponry equipped Collectors Editions.

The batarang, and now Night Vision Goggles?

Honestly it sounds cool and all, but wtf? One day youll be getting a magnum or a fully functioning katana with a game.

Riorio99

Im wondering if this will eventually lead to more weaponry equipped Collectors Editions.

The batarang, and now Night Vision Goggles?

Honestly it sounds cool and all, but wtf? One day you'll be getting a magnum or a fully functioning katana with a game.

I can see it now, a vigilantie with only collector's edition video game weapons.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Uh I'm pretty sure we have all noticed that and as a result I personally will pick up one of the two just for that reason. It was a last minute addition (the CoD to the title) so the hardened copies will not have them as they were probably in production before this decision was made (a change can still happen as we have several months to go).
[HIGHLIGHT]
If the success of the Halo 3 Legendary pack will be any indication this won't sell well and will eventually be dropped to $80 or even lower. I'm expecting at least $130-150 for the pack (the price of two retail games). I don't know if I'm going to purchase it yet.
[/HIGHLIGHT]
EDIT: It's common sense that the hardened edition will be $80, I don't understand why Joystiq even had to make a post about that (It is listed on several sites like that already, hardened = collectors edition which usually retails at $10-20 above the normal retail for the standard edition of the game).
I don't know man. This the coolest thing I ever see in a collectors addition.
I see this doing better then the legendary edition of Halo. Working Night-vision goggles trump cat helmets any day of the week.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I don't know man. This the coolest thing I ever see in a collectors addition.
I see this doing better then the legendary edition of Halo. Working Night-vision goggles trump cat helmets any day of the week.

I believe it might do better but at the same time Halo had a large fanbase with a pretty unique offering. While these may get a few sales to those hardcore fans (like myself) I don't see it being much better than the failure that Bungie/Microsoft had with its product. The price is always a factor, at 2x the price of the stand-alone game it really isn't worth it

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It would be kind of funny to fuck with people with these though, especially if it makes that high pitch sound when you turn them on. They probably have a battery life of 5 minutes too.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I believe it might do better but at the same time Halo had a large fanbase with a pretty unique offering. While these may get a few sales to those hardcore fans (like myself) I don't see it being much better than the failure that Bungie/Microsoft had with its product. The price is always a factor, at 2x the price of the stand-alone game it really isn't worth it

Oh I agree, price makes all the difference between this selling like hotcakes or selling like a lead balloon. I don't see it doing phenomenally well, I mean these goggles aren't going to be of the best quality, and will no doubt be one of those things that are cool for the first hour you get them then never touched again. But I do believe that Halo: LE bombed mostly cause that helmet had no real use.

It would be kind of funny to fuck with people with these though, especially if it makes that high pitch sound when you turn them on. They probably have a battery life of 5 minutes too.
Then comes the inevitable kid that thinks it's be sweet to run around at night sniping peoples dogs with paintball guns

MenaceInc

Staff Member

:\
Well noone thought it was noteworthy enough to mention in the thread.

Robby

Los Doyers!
It has a price of $150.
I'll be getting it for sure. Those night vision googles look sweet. Hope they work good too.