• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition to Come with Night Vision Goggles?

RoBz

sucker
I think I'll get the goggles too, it could be the only game I buy for a long time so I don't mind forking out the extra cash.

Triklops

I'm quite surprised Activision hasn't made the Goggles a required add-on to play.

LOL..exactly. That would've also been one helluva anti-piracy measure. Think about it..from now on it'd require a special Activision designed NV goggles to play any of their games..else all you'd see is naked Mario running all around your screen. :laugh:

Vee

I dont think these are going to be of great quality either.

I think i might just go and buy a pair of actual NVG and a copy of this game instead.

Cryox

Bro.
I think i might just go and buy a pair of actual NVG and a copy of this game instead.
But those won't have the MW2 branded on it

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I dont think these are going to be of great quality either.

Probably not. Decent NVG's cost $500 and up. Unless Acti is selling these at a loss (which I doubt) they are probably no better than $80 ones you can find at the toy story.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Probably not. Decent NVG's cost $500 and up. Unless Acti is selling these at a loss (which I doubt) they are probably no better than $80 ones you can find at the toy story.

agreed but I think that adding them is simply a way to reduce piracy of the game.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
adding collectibles encourages people who can pirate games to go buy it. Most of my friends that have modden 360s are making this their game to buy for the year.

Joey

adding collectibles encourages people who can pirate games to go buy it. Most of my friends that have modden 360s are making this their game to buy for the year.

So, you're saying the way to entice people who don't want to pay money for the game, is to throw in random crap, and more than double the price?

That makes sense.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Well, it seems to work over here. Besides, since when does the world make sense?

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
You never make sense.

I do, hear me out. Where I live, the people who have modded 360s are suckers for collectibles. If they give in something like individually numbered night vision goggles....well, they'll buy the game thinking they'll come in usefull...

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yeah I read that when companies include physical objects with the games, they do sell a bit more.

I know a couple of people with modded 360s that buy limited editions of games.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah I read that when companies include physical objects with the games, they do sell a bit more.

I know a couple of people with modded 360s that buy limited editions of games.

Yes people would be more likely to buy limited edition versions, especially if it is from a popular/well known series. I don't think the highly expensive Prestige edition will get any pirates to buy the game though.

Agentnnc - that's just a stupid logic in my mind. NVG goggles are just a gimmick, they're toy goggles - I guarantee you that the only thing you might use them for is for display purposes. Most people with modded 360's that pirate games buy games not because of the collectibles but those that would like to have a physical copy of said game and support the developers, at least that is my way of thinking. Those people with modded 360's you talk of just seem a bit spoiled, who in the right mind would have a modded console and spend that much on a game...they modded it to save money did they not?

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yes people would be more likely to buy limited edition versions, especially if it is from a popular/well known series. I don't think the highly expensive Prestige edition will get any pirates to buy the game though.

Agentnnc - that's just a stupid logic in my mind. NVG goggles are just a gimmick, they're toy goggles - I guarantee you that the only thing you might use them for is for display purposes. Most people with modded 360's that pirate games buy games not because of the collectibles but those that would like to have a physical copy of said game and support the developers, at least that is my way of thinking. Those people with modded 360's you talk of just seem a bit spoiled, who in the right mind would have a modded console and spend that much on a game...they modded it to save money did they not?
I have a modded 360 yet I am most likely going to buy the prestige edition.
I really loved Modern Warfare a lot, and I really want to support the developers of said game. I've saved so much money from the games I downloaded, I can afford to spend some of MW2's prestige edition. The last game I bought was Gears 2 last November(I got the limited edition for the golden weapons btw), I've downloaded about 10+ games since then, so that is $600 I've saved if I were to have bought them from retail.
I could easily just download it when it comes out, But I'm not... maybe :p

Plus all the money I make from modding 360's, I can shell out an extra $90 for some goggles I will probably use for about a month.