• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Modern Warfare 2 - The Pit

MenaceInc

Staff Member
How about a bit of nice and friendly competition around here and we get a sorta-tourney going for the first Spec Ops mission in Modern Warfare 2.

Basically, post your best time for The Pit as well as a screenshot or picture of the TV showing your time.

Just to clarify as well, it has to be for the Spec Ops mission, not in the Campaign.

I'll go first and set the standard.

28.75 seconds

iw4sp2009-11-1423-56-20-72.jpg

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I use a pistol for the pit. I'll post some pics tomorrow, but I think my best time after like four tries was 27 seconds and change.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I use a pistol for the pit. I'll post some pics tomorrow, but I think my best time after like four tries was 27 seconds and change.

Yeah, I usually carry the USP and the M9.
Use the USP until I get to the stairs and then switch, mele

Roe

All you guys got it for PC? For 360 I think mine is 33 seconds or something D:

Roe

I do just use the pistol, although using two pistols sounds like a good idea.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
How the hell are you guys getting below :30? Best I've got is :30.4 or something. :bored:

Using just the pistols (m9 and usp), running as much as possible, hitting multiple targets with only one bullet...and lots of practice.

I doubt I'll beat this time

[qimg]http://i35.tinypic.com/fu0xsk.png[/qimg]

I doubt I'd beat that time o.0 kudos man. I mean, I shaved like 3 seconds off my old best time but you just kicked my ass. seriously have no idea how you got that...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Getting close to that IW best ^_^

[qimg]http://i36.tinypic.com/2zgufrk.png[/qimg]

Could you record your strategy for it and post it for all to see? I'm interested to see how you do it. I haven't really applied myself to it yet but I'm sure I can get around 25 seconds, just need to get a good pattern down and cut some corners.

This reminds me of an old Neopets classic (forgot the name of the game but a high score will be set and you will then have to beat that score and you'll get a prize and trophy). Would anyone else be interested in a similar format for the forums/games. This would serve as one of them, another could be achieve a killstreak of x or greater (just thinking MW2 right now), etc.

ilyace

Could you record your strategy for it and post it for all to see? I'm interested to see how you do it. I haven't really applied myself to it yet but I'm sure I can get around 25 seconds, just need to get a good pattern down and cut some corners.

I'll see if I can record a run, if not I'll jot down a few notes on how I've been improving my times.

Newest record:

vrel4y.png

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM EST ----------

Even newer record:

2e1xcf7.png

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I've no idea how you managed that ilyace, seriously.
In the middle of uploading a video to Youtube to show everyone how to get below 30 seconds.

Infact it's a video of my current best atm of 25.9 seconds. xD

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM EST ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 10:40 PM EST ----------

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiJOKdUZsS8[/YT]

Just uploaded, may take a wee while to process.

xploren

Contributor
I've no idea how you managed that ilyace, seriously.
In the middle of uploading a video to Youtube to show everyone how to get below 30 seconds.

Infact it's a video of my current best atm of 25.9 seconds. xD

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM EST ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 10:40 PM EST ----------

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiJOKdUZsS8[/YT]

Just uploaded, may take a wee while to process.

You sick, sick bastard, killing a civilian like that.