• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 modyourxbox.com - let's help Klick out

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Mod Your Xbox

I briefly talked about this on IRC a few days back. Basically what I'm trying to do is set up a one-stop site for modding your 360 console. Flashing, case mods, painting, etc. I'm gonna throw some tutorials once I find someone who wants their 360 modded next, and I'll do a painting tutorial as well.

Right now I'm doing a "getting started" post about flashing your 360. I've only got two items on the post as of now, and I'd like your guy's help about what else I should make a note of in it.

James.

User Not Found
If you can create a good site for newbies and advanced users alike, i'd love you forever.
I know how hard it is to start out 3 years after everybody else has, and it can be mind boglingly difficult. I gave up 3/4 times before I got a grasp on what to do.

Moose

Meta Moose
I would also appreciate this, I have been wanting to mod my 360 for a long time now but all the guides out there are either too vague and expect you to know half of all of the things you need to do or don't make sense at all.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I would also appreciate this, I have been wanting to mod my 360 for a long time now but all the guides out there are either too vague and expect you to know half of all of the things you need to do or don't make sense at all.

I agree. Word it like you are trying to explain it to your grandmother.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I'd be glad to help, I've modded several 360s.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Anybody have Maximus's version of the Connectivity Kit? I know they're basically the same, but it'd be nice to have separate tutorials.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
I would really like this. I want to get a seperate 360 to mod with some of my extra cash floating around. Are the new ones still mod-able? I don't have access to a SATA drive though, I could possibly go to a friends house. I have an old shitty desktop in my room purchased about 6 years ago, that has IDE. Is it possible to put a SATA card in it?

These are the kind of things I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW and that you should put on your site :p

Robby

Los Doyers!
Don't forget to include the hair dryer trick so you don't have to ruin the warranty sticker. That is what I did.

Cryox

Bro.
This would be nice. I have always wanted to get a spare xbox to have modded, or just have light non-ban-able stuff done to my main 360.

Good luck on your site, i can help if you want, but don't know how i could :(

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
I would really like this. I want to get a seperate 360 to mod with some of my extra cash floating around. Are the new ones still mod-able? I don't have access to a SATA drive though, I could possibly go to a friends house. I have an old shitty desktop in my room purchased about 6 years ago, that has IDE. Is it possible to put a SATA card in it?

These are the kind of things I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW and that you should put on your site :p

Everything is moddable AFAIK.

And you should be good, even if all your computer has is IDE. Just get a PCI SATA card. The VIA ones work best.

acidmc

IM not a big fan of the WordPress but if u can make it work good luck bro let me know if you need anything...

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
I have no Xbox at the moment, so putting up some serious content is a bit tough at the moment, but I did take a couple pictures and put up a diagram of the Connectivity Kit. I would recommend any new flashers to purchase it, as it makes things a helluva lot easier. Especially if you plan on doing more than one Xbox.

Connectivity Kit Diagram | Mod Your Xbox

eighty4

On my old Xbox 360, the one I broke awhile ago, I get the error where it tells me to send it to Microsoft in a bunch of different languages and it isn't in Mode B, so it's not being detected by my computer and the Slax 2.0 disc isn't doing nay good for it.

Dead for sure, or any ideas?

Cryox

Bro.
On my old Xbox 360, the one I broke awhile ago, I get the error where it tells me to send it to Microsoft in a bunch of different languages and it isn't in Mode B, so it's not being detected by my computer and the Slax 2.0 disc isn't doing nay good for it.

Dead for sure, or any ideas?

Is there an error code, if so what is it?

eighty4

I can't check right now, as I'm at my grandparents house, but I did that off of memory. I'll lay out the situation if it'll help.

I tried to use JungleFlasher to update my firmware, in order to play UFC 09, but it failed ALL the tests for it and it said it went back to the original firmware. And since I was so tired of working on it, I said "fuck it" and went to plug it back in when it was all together etc, and it stayed on the 360 boot up menu for longer than usual, and then gave me that black page I described in an earlier post.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
The error code would be nice. If you need/want your 360 modded and can't do it, you can mail it to me and I'll gladly do it for a fellow MFM member.