• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

MOHH exploit : E-loader in development

Erland

@agentnnc: That isn't true....

Erland is right. We aren't releasing updates. If we release an update, we don't follow through, it just makes it look like a fake... It also prevents useless hype.

Announcing the release of the eloader was just a big mistake. But there's nothing that can be done now. The eloader takes a lot of time to write, especially when its mainly just m0skit0 and I. But we are are writing it, it isn't fake, we have made much progress and hopefully an Alpha will be released in the near future.

Oh and please remember, This is an eloader, not a HEN. No plugins, no ISOs/CSOs, anything that needs access to kernel memory. Please remember that before someone sends me another PM :D

n00b81

I was right... but, you making this post makes me wrong... cause I said you wouldn't be giving any updates...and that's what this post is..

DAMN YOU!!!

lol

Colm

TBH, this exploit should have been held until the PSP Go's release. Either way, I have faith in the dev team. Announcing the existance of a MOHH exploit might lead to Sony finding and patching it pre-Go.

eldiablov

Contributor
There's no point in saving a game exploit for the pspgo. Sony can patch it instantly due to digital distribution.

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
There's no point in saving a game exploit for the pspgo. Sony can patch it instantly due to digital distribution.

That isn't really what digital distribution is. It just means that they will sell files digitally.
So if an exploit is found in a game, it won't magically become patched by itself, it would just have to be downloaded before they update the game in the store. And if they add some sort of automatic update to games, turning off the wlan switch will probably get past that.

n00b81

The point is, a game exploit is basically useless to be released because it will get patched so quickly.

And besides, m0skit0 and I aren't the one's who released the exploit. kgsws did. So since the exploit has been wasted, its harmless to make an eloader for it.

n00b81

eldiablov

Contributor
The point is, a game exploit is basically useless to be released because it will get patched so quickly.

And besides, m0skit0 and I aren't the one's who released the exploit. kgsws did. So since the exploit has been wasted, its harmless to make an eloader for it.

n00b81

This. You misunderstood me chaoskeeper >.>

Bubbletune

That isn't really what digital distribution is. It just means that they will sell files digitally.
So if an exploit is found in a game, it won't magically become patched by itself, it would just have to be downloaded before they update the game in the store. And if they add some sort of automatic update to games, turning off the wlan switch will probably get past that.

It's so unlikely that everyone who wants to use the exploit owns the game, and by the time they go about buying or redownloading it, it's been patched.

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
This. You misunderstood me chaoskeeper >.>

I know that, but that won't make game exploits impossible, and if people are carefull with releasing info on game exploits, then maybe a good chunk of people can get the game before sony is aware of the exploit.

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
If people are carefull enough, the game could get out to people before that.
I'm not sure how, like maybe making the exploit sent to a certain group of people who had signed up for it or something, so they can get the game before sony hears about it.
That's just an idea though, but my point is it wouldn't be impossible, just very, very hard.

eldiablov

Contributor
If people are carefull enough, the game could get out to people before that.
I'm not sure how, like maybe making the exploit sent to a certain group of people who had signed up for it or something, so they can get the game before sony hears about it.
That's just an idea though, but my point is it wouldn't be impossible, just very, very hard.

Time would be better spent searching for VSH exploits >.>

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
Do we still need to have the MOHH UMD to load the ELoader?

Only if you're running the game through an ISO, in which case you would already have CFW and no need for the eloader.

So yes, you need the UMD, nothing is gonna change that.

LocutusEstBorg

I don't think it's very hard for Sony to simply take a game off PSN the second an exploit even gets announced, and start fixing it up.

They use Akamai for the PSN. Even have mirrors locally all the way over here. Should give us a day's time to download maybe :X Unless they delist the game and wait for the patched game to propagate.

Erland

Sony can have it on 300 mirrors worldwide.... it only takes 2 minutes to login to the admin section of PSN and uncheck the option to make it available then save it.

LocutusEstBorg

Sony can have it on 300 mirrors worldwide.... it only takes 2 minutes to login to the admin section of PSN and uncheck the option to make it available then save it.
<br />
<br />
That would prevent new downloads, but I doubt existing transfers directly from a mirror's address would be stopped before a few hours.

georgery

will this e-loader work on 3000?

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
far as i can gather its not even out yet or may never be