• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

More confirmation of the XBLA/PSN release of Marvel vs Capcom 2

Sinfulfate

Destructoid reported that ShopTo.net is planning on selling Mad Catz PlayStation 3 and XBox 360 Marvel vs. Capcom 2 themed tournament edition joysticks starting July 10, 2009.

These puppies will sell for

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
They will probably overprice it to something crazy since this game is being sold on ebay for top dollar.

I am not expecting a measly 800 points, but I am afraid they will boost it up to something crazy like 2800 points, which is a full point card.

Joey

They will probably overprice it to something crazy since this game is being sold on ebay for top dollar.

I am not expecting a measly 800 points, but I am afraid they will boost it up to something crazy like 2800 points, which is a full point card.

Ebay isn't going to influence their prices. The whole reason items on ebay have high prices is because of it's rarity. You put something on a download service, and it loses that value.

Scorned

No, the only real reason its that expensive, is as Joey says, because of the rarity. The game lost Marvel's license, and accordingly skyrocketed in price.

MvC2 has been on the ESRB site listed for PS3 and 360 for a while now, so its really good to see that news seems to finally be coming around about it.

Sinfulfate

Is that seriously the countdown?

If so my week is made.
Not officially but the 2 and the sites url make it seem so(tu4ar most likely stands for Take you for a ride which was the song during the MvC 2 character selection screen). Also Capcom did have their event last week and now seems like a good time for the embargo to go up.

Scorned

can't wait for this game :D

any confirmed prices yet?

Nothing much on it yet.

Not officially but the 2 and the sites url make it seem so(tu4ar most likely stands for Take you for a ride which was the song during the MvC 2 character selection screen). Also Capcom did have their event last week and now seems like a good time for the embargo to go up.

The 2 is the main thing i noticed, but now that you mention it the tu4ar does make a bit of sense. Sounds like a stretch, but anythings possible. We'll see with only around 2 hours left..

EDIT: Yeah im pretty sure now that i believe it.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

1:45, they show a blurred video of an "unannounced game by capcom", which if you've played MvC2, you can recognize it. Supposed to be talked about on tuesday, so it all fits in in my view.

user friendly

1z6a35x.jpg

http://www.tu4ar.com/

- It’s based on the Dreamcast code base
- HD upscaling options
- Widescreen
- Music Options

coming out this summer

Trailer: Get ready to re-enter the New Age of Heroes on Xbox 360 and PS3 this summer | Marvel.com News | Marvel.com

PSN demo this week.