• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Music Recommendations

Chathurga

Use this thread is you need to find more of the music you like. I've become increasingly weary with automated recommendations which usually pale in comparison to what you get from a person (obviously).

So I've become bored with my music collection basically I just can't find anything I like anymore :(
I'll take recommendations from any genre, here's what I like and this is what I don't like:
Noise "music" or over the top ambient (ambient noise, like the sound of outside traffic and walking recorded).
Screamo. Avenged Sevenfold is my screamo limit really.
Fast music. I mean really fast, Dragonforce fast.

So if anyone can recommend any really good albums that'd be great, or if you're looking for something special yourself then ask away.

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
Avenged sevenfold old or new ?

Chathurga

Can't use it properly, I'm not in the US :(

@Axxe: I'll check it out now, grabbing the most popular albums off waffles. Anything you'd recommend?

WonderlustKing

Vanilla Sex
Arcade Fire are pretty good. If your into kind of indie/anarcho/alternative type stuff check out Defiance, Ohio. Oh and you might like Frank Black or the Pixies. Oh oh oh and TV on the Radio are really fucking good too. Haha

Moose

Meta Moose
Also:

Boston - More Than A Feeling

If you don't have those two songs in your collection then your collection is not a true music collection. :D I'm just gonna say collection one more time to make it four. lol

EDIT: @WonderlustKing: Damn right!

WonderlustKing

Vanilla Sex
Also:

Boston - More Than A Feeling

If you don't have those two songs in your collection then your collection is not a true music collection. :D I'm just gonna say collection one more time to make it four. lol

EDIT: @WonderlustKing: Damn right!
Don't forget Cheap Trick - "Surrender" :tup:
[YT]K1oDJJJ3Z1E[/YT]

Chathurga

Axxe: Nah Ska isn't for me :O
Joey: Automated doesn't work good enough for me, it just doesn't.

Thanks for Defiance, Ohio WLK. This what I was looking for :D Not mad about TV on the Radio but I like Arcade Fire, had two of their albums already.

_Seven

Hey, Chath. You should listen to the newest Animal Collective leak, "Merriweather Post Pavilion".

In fact, everyone should. I love it so much.

Info:
Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg

On December 8, "My Girls" was leaked onto the internet by way of a blog post. On Christmas Day (December 25), a mere 13 days before the release, a vinyl rip of the full album was leaked to the internet. Later that same day a 160 kbps rip of a promotional CD was also leaked on several blogs via a mediafire link.

Genre: Avant-Garde

1. "In the Flowers" – 5:22
2. "My Girls" – 5:41
3. "Also Frightened" – 5:14
4. "Summertime Clothes" – 4:30
5. "Daily Routine" – 5:46
6. "Bluish" – 5:14
7. "Guy's Eyes" – 4:31
8. "Taste" – 3:53
9."Lion in a Coma" – 4:12
10. "No More Runnin'" – 4:23
11. "Brothersport" – 5:59

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
All of George Thorogood.

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer
I Drink Alone
Madison Blues
Bad To The Bone

etc.

CASHMON3Y

I just gave up on music... But I recommend Infected Mushroom.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Butch Walker - Sycamore Meadows

Anthony Green - Avalon

Circa Survive - ...On Letting Go

and even though some people will not even bother:
Opeth - Still Life( I have the album cover in shirt form )