• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Music Recommendations

Serideth

Just got Ladytron - Velocifero

Best album from them yet, if you like Electro with vocals then you gota get this.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Good Old War - Only Way to Be Alone

Not an emo band I promise. But a really damn good one. Indie Rock. But not that elitist shit.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
The Arusha Accord
SikTh (Scat vocals in metal, its crazy)

Chathurga

Some of you guys just recommend the same type of music all the time.... -_-

Yeah I tend to ignore them, they just recommend metal even though I have stated multiple times that I hate it...
Although I did want "outside the box" recs, when recommending music people just seem to say what they like and ignore what someone wants *sigh*
I especially lol'd at CASHMON3Y saying Infected Mushroom. Thanks for ignoring my last.fm, you just told me to check out one of my most listened to artists.

@Serideth: I've had Velocifero for awhile now but haven't given it a good listen, any particular song(s) I should check out? Really when I listen to Ladytron it's always for Seventeen, should probably expand :p

Also this isn't just about me. If someone else wants to find music, ask away.

Serideth

Yeah I tend to ignore them, they just recommend metal even though I have stated multiple times that I hate it...
Although I did want "outside the box" recs, when recommending music people just seem to say what they like and ignore what someone wants *sigh*
I especially lol'd at CASHMON3Y saying Infected Mushroom. Thanks for ignoring my last.fm, you just told me to check out one of my most listened to artists.

@Serideth: I've had Velocifero for awhile now but haven't given it a good listen, any particular song(s) I should check out? Really when I listen to Ladytron it's always for Seventeen, should probably expand :p

Also this isn't just about me. If someone else wants to find music, ask away.

Yeah completely agree.

As for songs on the album, I really enjoy:

Black Cat
Versus

First and last song on the whole album, although like the Islands album you sent me I can listen to this the whole way through.

Something else I realized, unless you have amazing speakers, this album should really be a headphone only deal, it just sounds crap coming out of my PC speakers.

Anyway I'm sure you know 65daysofstatic, if not their "Faoo of Math" album is pretty good, sometimes they have a bit of an eery sound to them though, they're kind of instrumental rock/electronic.

Chathurga

everyone who likes surreal, ambient, electronic, triphop should really check out Karin Dreijers (the singer in The Knife) first solo album:

[qimg]http://feverray.com/wp-content/uploads/fever-ray-cover_medium.jpg[/qimg]

Fever Ray

its fucking amazing...!!!

Fever Ray

madsoul you know I picked that shit up, what an album. I didn't see it coming at all, very nice surprise :D

This you hear the new R

madsoul

What Aphex Twin would you recommend? I have all his albums but there's just too much for me to listen through it all. I've gotten very into Drukqs if that gives you an indication of what I like.

Come To Daddy mini album

I Care Because You Do

Selected Ambient Work 2

The Tuss - Rushup Edge

Analogue Bubblebath 1

Hangable Auto Bulb

edit: also a song called "Nannou"

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I highly recommend checking out John Frusciante's latest solo album, The Empyrean. It's a different style of music compared to what he did with RHCP... but still great. In fact the whole album is great, but my favorite tracks are Dark/Light, God, Central, and Unreachable (breakdown @ around 5:00 is amazing).