• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New to PSP? Got Questions? Then Look Here First for Answers

angelsniper45

How did you get the recovery screenshots? ive been looking for something like that for ages!!
also, overclocking shouldnt burn out your battery, ive been using 333 mhz since i gotten cfw a year ago, and i havent had to replace my battery yet. :D

only reason i did was cuz i got a max power :D which increased the lifespan to 15 hours 0_o

january39

eXo Staff
How did you get the recovery screenshots? ive been looking for something like that for ages!!
also, overclocking shouldnt burn out your battery, ive been using 333 mhz since i gotten cfw a year ago, and i havent had to replace my battery yet. :D

only reason i did was cuz i got a max power :D which increased the lifespan to 15 hours 0_o

Increasing CPU clock speed, does use up battery power quicker. I thinks perhaps i should reword it a little. :smile:

dbanie

man thks for the noobs guide @january39....
i read it five times over en over to make it understand....
and now i finally can upgrade my psp into 5.00 M33-6
thks alot bro.. its more easier rather than another psp forum mod that i read

january39

eXo Staff
man thks for the noobs guide @january39....
i read it five times over en over to make it understand....
and now i finally can upgrade my psp into 5.00 M33-6
thks alot bro.. its more easier rather than another psp forum mod that i read

No problems, i am glad it had helped.

It's why i wrote it :biggrin:

deckman98

Trained Professional
great guide but what theme do you have on?

looks good

january39

eXo Staff
great guide but what theme do you have on?

looks good

Well - In the first pictures i have 'Forecast' 5.00 M33 ctf, and for the last one i have 'spectrum' 5.00 m33 ctf.

Wallpapers off the web, PSPWallpapers.com.

dsfanboy

This is indeed a good guide. Does anyone know of any other maybe slightly more advanced guides that may help not so noobies help out legends of the PSP scene (Dark Alex, to name one) and give back to the community help wise (not just financially). Elites like DaX and others have immense knowledge which I hope they share so that others can help them out and take some of the burden off of their shoulders.....after hours of googling, the few good resources I found are the YAPSPD and SilverSpring's blog, but despite both of them being remarkable efforts, they still could use a lot more...but thats just me....:smile:

january39

eXo Staff
Something more than Silverspring.....? Might be an idea to do your own on that basis

Silverspring is in my view one of the leaders in the scene, and i would consider most guides he did as advanced.

dsfanboy

Something more than Silverspring.....? Might be an idea to do your own on that basis

Silverspring is in my view one of the leaders in the scene, and i would consider most guides he did as advanced.

I totally agree that SilverSpring's write ups are the most enlightening, but maybe I am mistaken since I did not see any "GUIDE" guides, just excellent explanations of exploits and NIDs etc. Maybe I am not looking at the right stuff? Please point me to it in that case. I did see he has started a Tech doc guide but that is very very premature, since he probably just began. I can't wait till its done.

january39

eXo Staff
Okay i see what you mean, generally the guides that are produced are specific to a topic, as opposed to one big one.

It also depends on how technical you want to get, the more technical it gets the less user friendly it becomes.

What area's are you thinking of, maybe i can help?

dsfanboy

Okay i see what you mean, generally the guides that are produced are specific to a topic, as opposed to one big one.

It also depends on how technical you want to get, the more technical it gets the less user friendly it becomes.

What area's are you thinking of, maybe i can help?

I agree. Basically I wanna help out with small things and eventually work my way up to the more advanced stuff through learning. It would be fairly easy for me to get into homebrew using an sdk since I have a decent programming skills, but I am not so interested in that. I may be a few years behind here but I was very intrigued by few discussions between sivlerspring, maxmousedll and others about decrypting the NIDs. I would like to help out with that if I can, assuming ppl are still working on those. That should be a start for me while in the mean time I am still reading up volumes just to familiarize myself with the internals of PSP.

january39

eXo Staff
I agree. Basically I wanna help out with small things and eventually work my way up to the more advanced stuff through learning. It would be fairly easy for me to get into homebrew using an sdk since I have a decent programming skills, but I am not so interested in that. I may be a few years behind here but I was very intrigued by few discussions between sivlerspring, maxmousedll and others about decrypting the NIDs. I would like to help out with that if I can, assuming ppl are still working on those. That should be a start for me while in the mean time I am still reading up volumes just to familiarize myself with the internals of PSP.

Well, i think MaxmouseDll has ceased working on that, he hangs at Maxconsole more than here, i have had some intresting chats with him in the past.

If you PM him at MC he may still be running the NIDSCRK, he has a thread in the dev section about it - Maybe the SRC as well

I have not delved much into the dev side, more the actual hardware itself.

frisomel

i just need to clarify something, can I use CFE on my psp-3000?, coz the FAQ said that I can't use CFE on my 3000, am I right?, and I've seen lots of videos on youtube running ISO games on the 3000, and correct me if I'm wrong, the way I understood the FAQ was you can only run ISOs on CFE and CFE can't be executed on PSP-3000? did I miss anything? thanks

january39

eXo Staff
i just need to clarify something, can I use CFE on my psp-3000?, coz the FAQ said that I can't use CFE on my 3000, am I right?, and I've seen lots of videos on youtube running ISO games on the 3000, and correct me if I'm wrong, the way I understood the FAQ was you can only run ISOs on CFE and CFE can't be executed on PSP-3000? did I miss anything? thanks

My Mistake, i have updated the Faq. You can run the CFE on the PSP-3000 which gives the ability to run ISO's.

You cannot run a True CFW yet though.

Sorry about that and well spotted! :biggrin:

Alex

Hmm, yes. Not entirely sure myself, god bless wikipedia. I was struggling to find out what Flash3 does.

I have USB'd all of the flash drives and in flash2,3 there is nothing in them at all. I have show hidden folders, operating files etc set to show. This would support the fact that they might be just transfer space, to re-direct files during a FW install. Having no knowledge in that area though...... I'll keep looking - someone must know out there.

flash 2 only gets filled up if you use psn or remote play ect. if you use flash spacer and dump flash2 it will show you the files, if any

ebikhafan

hey boys

Is 5.01 m33 correct

is it fake or not

and if it's not fake please post the information and install files!:wink:

january39

eXo Staff
hey boys

Is 5.01 m33 correct

is it fake or not

and if it's not fake please post the information and install files!:wink:

Its fake.

bloodmoney

hi guys i just got a new psp and i gave it to my cousin then he upgraded it to 6.20 and now i cant play any game in my memory stick guy what do i do plz help me out @ all members