• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Nexus One

TeamOverload

It's here finally! What do you all think?
http://www.google.com/phone
I'm liking the looks of it, but $530 for me to get it on ATT with no 3G is a bit hard to swallow, so no chance of me getting it anytime soon..or ever, but still a sweet looking device.

Adiuvo

I'll wait for the Verizon version. Spring 2010 is the same time that we get released from the two year contract, so I'll get it then.

Crank

Crank it up!
It's pretty nice, finally an Android phone which doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out. Let's see what it'll cost in Finland (or Germany) at the time I'll be getting a new phone.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I just got a Droid from Verizon so no Nexus from me. But with no hard keyboard I'm not interested.
Thats one thing I hate about the iPhone, soft keyboards just annoy me.

TeamOverload

A lack of a physical keyboard definitely does take some getting used to, I'll agree with that. Once you adapt though, it's much more convenient and I find I can actually type quicker and easier on a complete touch screen.

Joey

For what's it's worth, the Android virtual keyboard seems less accurate than, say, the iPhone virtual keyboard. Keep in mind, that I was on a G1, so that might have more to do with the hardware than the software, but it was bad enough that I would always take the time to use the physical keyboard.

This phone looks nice though. There's definitely some things I miss about the Android OS.

Seth

MD Party Room
I dont see how this does anything better then droid

Joey

I dont see how this does anything better then droid

I think it runs Android 2.1, while the Droid only runs 2.0. Also, it's the phone google is giving to devs, so it'll be the standard for most application developers. That wont be a problem for the Droid, since it should meet every specification this phone does, but it might for other Android phones who might have different specifications.

Also, it's on T-Mobile, so people on that service now have a comparable phone to the Droid.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
The fact that it's not a verison exclusive is reason enough for me to get it, but I think I'm done with paying excessive prices for my phones. And I left t-mobile for a reason. It's nice but I'll wait a couple of months for them to pop up craigslist for 200 dollars less.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It's pretty nice but the lack of the physical keyboard may be a deal breaker for me. I feel they are almost a must on smartphones. I'll have to try it first before outright dismissing though.

TeamOverload

I think it runs Android 2.1, while the Droid only runs 2.0. Also, it's the phone google is giving to devs, so it'll be the standard for most application developers. That wont be a problem for the Droid, since it should meet every specification this phone does, but it might for other Android phones who might have different specifications.

Also, it's on T-Mobile, so people on that service now have a comparable phone to the Droid.

I'm sure the Droid will receive an update to 2.1 however, so that'll even out the playing field a bit.

Robby

Los Doyers!

The 2.1 update for the Droid is schedule to come out within the next couple of days.

Seth

MD Party Room
The review

Nexus One review -- Engadget

No keyboard and no multitouch and a smaller screen, I dont see how anyone wants this over the droid at all. Other than the fact that it on tmoble and sexy.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
The review

Nexus One review -- Engadget

No keyboard and no multitouch and a smaller screen, I dont see how anyone wants this over the droid at all. Other than the fact that it on tmoble and sexy.
According to Gizmodo the screen is the same size
Even though the screen is the same size and same resolution as the Droid, it's noticeably better.
And IMO, the hardware keyboard on the droid is probably the least likable thing on the entire phone anyway.

Seth

MD Party Room
According to Gizmodo the screen is the same size
And IMO, the hardware keyboard on the droid is probably the least likable thing on the entire phone anyway.

My mistake it was the res of the screens drroid had a extra 54 pixels but it not that big of a deal..

Also the droid keyboard is just fine and I loved it

TeamOverload

I'm going to have to disagree with you about the keyboard Seth and take Craig and Joey's side. That keyboard is one of the weaker keyboards I've used. Definitely one of my least liked things about the Droid as well.
By the way, has anyone picked up or tried out the Droid Eris? How's that fair?

Riorio99

I'm not one for Smartphones (my current phone doesn't let me set a custom background), but this looks awesome, and not having to stick to a plan makes it sound better.

I hate having to pay for my phone in tiny bits to keep it working, because I use it in emergencies and maybe if I can't get to someone in person or online.

The feature list sounds nice, and it looks well built and high spec'd.