• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Nintendo Switch playtime tracking

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It is possible. This already happens with some Ubisoft games when playing them on other platforms (Ubisoft activity gets updated when launching the game on PSN, Xbox etc), though it didn't make sense to merge the listings there since the challenges are sometimes different from the achievements. Here it does make sense, I think it should still be an option though probably?

On a side note, I pushed some updates today to the scanner, it's now able to pick up titles that lack a dedicated page on the eShop. This was mostly causing issues with demos, we now can pick those up without us manually matching up the ID and title name.

It seems like the only problematic games now are certain physical-only releases. I noticed when viewing someone's profile that played Demon Throttle, the Switch fails to retrieve the title name / icon too. However if you also own the game it displays fine (I'm assuming it falls back to retrieving the details stored locally on Switch). Not a huge issue though since I think the number of physical only releases is small, just let us know if anything is missing and we'll be able to fix that.

Last edited:

unkle322

It is possible. This already happens with some Ubisoft games when playing them on other platforms (Ubisoft activity gets updated when launching the game on PSN, Xbox etc), though it didn't make sense to merge the listings there since the challenges are sometimes different from the achievements. Here it does make sense, I think it should still be an option though probably?

On a side note, I pushed some updates today to the scanner, it's now able to pick up titles that lack a dedicated page on the eShop. This was mostly causing issues with demos, we now can pick those up without us manually matching up the ID and title name.

It seems like the only problematic games now are certain physical-only releases. I noticed when viewing someone's profile that played Demon Throttle, the Switch fails to retrieve the title name / icon too. However if you also own the game it displays fine (I'm assuming it falls back to retrieving the details stored locally on Switch). Not a huge issue though since I think the number of physical only releases is small, just let us know if anything is missing and we'll be able to fix that.

That's good to hear. I was wondering why Demon Throttle wasn't tracking but I was too lazy to jump on and post this weekend. I grab a lot of limited physical games so that makes sense.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Decided to enable the Switch tracking for all members since it's been running stable for a good while now. Thanks to everyone that beta tested this and signed up for Premium :)

Also normal scans will run only once a day, not as frequently as other services for now. Premium scans will run at the usual rate though.

YouGotHitByGunner

Enforcer
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, Nintendo caps the number of items shown. You'll have to re-open what games were previously played so our scanners can detect them. Limitations are written in the first message in this thread.

Gamer Steve

Yeah, Nintendo caps the number of items shown. You'll have to re-open what games were previously played so our scanners can detect them. Limitations are written in the first message in this thread.
I think what he means is once u re open the gane it stays tracked on exophase permanently. I have saw a few profiles where people had like 200 plis switch games on their profile list

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
When someone views your activity on Switch it also only shows the last 20 games played. So yeah, that’s a Nintendo limitation. Once tracked the games will stay in your list here though. Easiest way to pick up missing games is by launching them again then running a manual scan.

RetroGamingJP

Is it possible to merge the new tracked database and the "to be manually added" database so the tracked games can be selected to be added manually too?

For example: I want to manually add playtime for a game I don't own anymore and has been tracked by the site before by other users (So there is a page), but it is not in the "manually add" database, alas I cannot add it to my profile.

U2NUMB

Ok so I am certainly getting old as I just noticed this was a thing. In a way the red banner is being passed from Stadia to Nintendo.. and we can dream that one day Nintendo gets with the plan and adds some sort of achievements but this is super cool.

Also how great is it that the time tracking here is better than Nintendos own silly solution. The every 5 hour nonsense that I have always hated.. It is also proof that of course they had the real data down to the minute. Again awesome job and this site continues to be amazing.

Last edited:

D4n1v4l

I had changed my avatar on Nintendo Switch Online today, but the change doesn't seem to have arrived here yet. Or does it always update only at certain times? That I played a game last today, has been recorded, however.

Retodon8

I don't think I can check your live avatar without being friends, but I can tell you on Exophase I can see a Tanooki Suit Mario.
Sometimes a Ctrl + F5 to refresh your browser page can help update what you are seeing locally.
I could image Exophase only updating avatars once a day or something since most people don't change them very often, or ever.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I would wait up to 24 hours for the avatar to be refreshed. They are updated during the profile scans if we detect a change, but it might not show up on your side right away due to browsers caching the image.

D4n1v4l

In the meantime, the avatar has also updated. Sorry for the interruption. I probably was just too impatient. 😇

sublimenonsense

Hello, this feature is awesome. Thank you. I didn't expect this to be implemented. I thought it's impossible with nintendo. Very nice surprise.
I was wondering if it would be possible to put more friend codes in the input for nindendo (comma separated for example) and then I would have all my nintendo profiles on one exophase profile stored? That would be nice. Because we have more nintendo profiles on our switch and I would like to merge it to one exophase profile, because we played together a lot on different profiles. Thank you

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hello, this feature is awesome. Thank you. I didn't expect this to be implemented. I thought it's impossible with nintendo. Very nice surprise.
I was wondering if it would be possible to put more friend codes in the input for nindendo (comma separated for example) and then I would have all my nintendo profiles on one exophase profile stored? That would be nice. Because we have more nintendo profiles on our switch and I would like to merge it to one exophase profile, because we played together a lot on different profiles. Thank you
It'd be possible to add, I'll try to add it soon. I did build the Nintendo scanner with multiple accounts in mind since I expect the friend codes to be different with the next system as well. I'm not exactly sure how we should handle showing multiple usernames/avatars though, I suppose to keep things simple we can just show the information from the first friend code that is entered.

sublimenonsense

It'd be possible to add, I'll try to add it soon. I did build the Nintendo scanner with multiple accounts in mind since I expect the friend codes to be different with the next system as well. I'm not exactly sure how we should handle showing multiple usernames/avatars though, I suppose to keep things simple we can just show the information from the first friend code that is entered.
Thank you for your response. I was thinking about showing more tabs in the profile page as nintendo, so every tab can have different avatar and different games, but I dont know how you handle the profile parsing. I am ok with any solution that would be easiest to implement. One/first avatar should be ok if that is the solution. Thank you.