• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Post Your Desktop Thread!

Cryox

Bro.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
desktop.jpg

that's mine
just got new monitor so that's why they're different sizes...hoping to replace the 1440x900 one soon

Cryox

Bro.

Now, i have it installed, but i think i am missing a few things:

It tells me to right click to rename stuff, and i can't get that to work, nothing on the menu that pops up has to do with Fences.
Next, How do i kill the process (or close it) what is the name of it on TaskManger

So yeah. I am on Vista. Should i redownload and reinstall or what?

EDIT:
nvm, figured it out.

Sullivan

@MenaceInc, why have all those links to games on your desktop? Just keep the shortcuts within Steam. It will make your desktop look better.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
@MenaceInc, why have all those links to games on your desktop? Just keep the shortcuts within Steam. It will make your desktop look better.

Everyones different,eh?
I'm used to it from the XP days
Hate having to double click steam to open it and then d/click the game to play
Same issue with having them in the Game folder in Vista/Windows 7

so...yea...speed and convenience...of course with Vista/7 i could just hit the windows key (or rather the command key for me) and type in the name of the game...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
New desky:
Comments?

[qimg]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh262/truedef/desky-1.png[/qimg]

Too dull for my tastes. :bored: It looks like one of those abstract backgrounds someone new at Photoshop would make, minus the color.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Here is my new desktop:

desktop.png

Sullivan

Care to expand on that? Whats the best theme for it, and do you use it?