• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Post Your Desktop Thread!

Nimsical

Hi, I'm Nima
Scorned said:
I...dont know what shapeshifter is.

Probably because i havent kept up to date on Mac customization in a long while. I dont really use Candy Bar either...

The only time i used Candy Bar was to change the Dock but i went back to original.

Ah I see. Nice combination of colors though.

commandersafi

Nimsical said:
Are you using ShapeShifter? Cause I noticed that you're still on 10.4 (or lower)
If you're not using ShapeShifter, then please - do teach.

He's on 10.5....No ShapeShifter for 10.5 sadly :(

Heres mine
Desktop.png

NEvolution

Here's mine

captureea1.jpg

eighty4

Same ole from forever ago except now I have Susumu's Stock icons and I use the Laat system folder set.

Leopard_Desktop_my_own_tricks_by_depthnerd.png

CASHMON3Y

Just default Ubuntu, with Compiz and a new theme.
blahjf5.png

Bump:
I'll just leave this here

[qimg]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/115/snapshot1np2.jpg[/qimg]
Ill take the wallpaper.

Chathurga

yeeeeeeahrh9.png

Just showing off the end result of my quest to create a Firefox set up that gave me the most screen space, although I still want to make a few tweaks. Copied the Chrome GUI because I like it (plus I love tabs on top).

Theme: Areao4.2
Wallpaper: Earth

Moose

Meta Moose
[qimg]http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/5034/yeeeeeeahrh9.png[/qimg]

Just showing off the end result of my quest to create a Firefox set up that gave me the most screen space, although I still want to make a few tweaks. Copied the Chrome GUI because I like it (plus I love tabs on top).

Theme: Areao4.2
Wallpaper: Earth

I will love you for ever and ever if you post the Firefox theme. =D

Chathurga

I will love you for ever and ever if you post the Firefox theme. =D

I'll post intructions on how to make it later, basically it's Chromifox and the falconer style for stylish. I did a fair bit of editing to falconer so I'll post what I have later, when I'm back home.

What font is that? the default areao4.2 one isn't too great

Default, just threw the fonts in the Windows font folder and that's what I got.

Colm

desktop2yw7.jpg

Based on Chathurga's setup, wallpaper was made in Gmod10. These days if I want a new wallpaper I either go to interfacelift.com (best wallpaper site ever) or create an epic scene in gmod (see my previous wallpaper)
Also, yes, I use Media Player Classic for music. Unobtrusive design (thanks Microsoft) and easy to use.

JaX3RiR

I've never been a fan of custom themes for Windows, I've always thought they are just RAM hogs.

But then I found this thread, and decided to give it a try. I was looking for some themes for Vista, and found one which really caught my attention. I've never used a Mac computer before, but for some reason this theme is really nice, IMO:

mah_desktop.jpg

I also installed Chromifox for Firefox, thanks to Chathurga. I hate Google Chrome, but I like the interface :p