• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSN PS3 Firmware 3.61 Goes Live, PSN Restoration Has Begun

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psnetwork.jpg

Update: Sony’s announced that the update is merely a prep for when PSN returns. The network still remains offline, unfortunately.

We've just been informed that PS3 firmware 3.61 has gone live. According to Sony, this firmware re-enables PSN access and should prompt a password change on connect. We're installing the update now to see if the network is live.

Download PS3 Firmware 3.61

Dan

Contributor
FINALLY

Edit: "An error occurred during the download operation. A connection to the server could not be established."

Oh fuck off.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Finally some signs of life xD

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Seems it could be back up within a few hours, SCEE's page says they've begun restoring services for NA and Europe.

TeamOverload

Let me download the update here after 2 tries. Signing in still no go though, tells me I need to change my password, then gives me an error when I hit OK to do so, network is down for maintenance. Soon though, soon!

TeamOverload

Yup, all good here. Password is changed and things are well. Just synced my trophies :D Now to try Netflix (even though they said it won't be up until later, I don't see why something that doesn't even really rely on PSN wouldn't work...)

Netflix is a go, life is good :)

january39

eXo Staff
Nothing in the UK yet, got the update easy enough though.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
In the EU not even the PS Blog is working xD

TeamOverload

Should be up in all of North America. PS Plus is active now..wish they would have waited for the store to be up for our free month to start counting, but ah well. Have to be grateful that we are getting anything at all, so I'll take it.

Dan

Contributor
Gone live for the UK, everything is running smoothly, apart from trophies which aren't working at all.

january39

eXo Staff
Gone live for the UK, everything is running smoothly, apart from trophies which aren't working at all.

I have no problems with trophies.

Riorio99

Working fine and dandy for me in the UK, except the store, sync'd my trophies and everything.

B

Bizarre

Never recieved the email, its been about 5 hours I tried signing in and clicking the change pass but nothing.