• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSN PS3 Firmware 3.61 Goes Live, PSN Restoration Has Begun

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
meh, gonna jailbreak my ps3 and never update again.
Sony is dead to me after a scandal like this

Jailbreak for what? lol

HOnestly it sounds like you're making excuses just to jailbreak xD Just be upfront about it :p

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Jailbreak for what? lol

HOnestly it sounds like you're making excuses just to jailbreak xD Just be upfront about it :p

Jailbreak for linux support? That's one of the main reasons I've personally held off on updating my PS3. Although the second Uncharted 3 comes out I might have a change of heart. Seriously haven't touched my PS3 for anything other than media playback in months

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Jailbreak for linux support? That's one of the main reasons I've personally held off on updating my PS3. Although the second Uncharted 3 comes out I might have a change of heart. Seriously haven't touched my PS3 for anything other than media playback in months

Yeah but that's because you play everything on your 360, do you not? xD

TeamOverload

From what I saw when I was on custom firmware, linux support even on jailbroken consoles is very minimal at this point, not sure it's really worth it just for that. As has been being discussed in the jailbreaking thread, at this point in time the homebrew scene is pretty non-existent. Only releases that come out tend to be Backup Managers and yet another variant of the same custom firmware versions.

Hellcat

Contributor
PSN up for Germany :)

Funny though, for my main acc. I could enter the new PWD right on the PS3, for the two others they sent a mail with a "change here" link.... o_o

Well, everything looks cool so far, friendlist is there, profile watching works, msg sending seems worky, Trophies seem cool.... just the store "is currently on maintanance" it tells me.

El Diablo

From what I saw when I was on custom firmware, linux support even on jailbroken consoles is very minimal at this point, not sure it's really worth it just for that. As has been being discussed in the jailbreaking thread, at this point in time the homebrew scene is pretty non-existent. Only releases that come out tend to be Backup Managers and yet another variant of the same custom firmware versions.

I don't know the specifics as I have sort of stopped following the details of the ps3 scene, but I know about a week ago someone came out with a new CFW that allows linux and dual booting like how it originally was, and on top of that have full access to the ps3 now instead of being restricted. I'm sure you can use a PC way better if you wanted a good version of linux but from what I understand now only is linux on the ps3 (if you install the new CFW) as good as it was originally, but it's actually better and improved. Not to mention it also works on slims and consoles that didn't have otherOS support.

I did read briefly though that I think some of the older systems may not work with it which seems kind of stupid but like I said I don't know all of the details about it.

TeamOverload

I don't know the specifics as I have sort of stopped following the details of the ps3 scene, but I know about a week ago someone came out with a new CFW that allows linux and dual booting like how it originally was, and on top of that have full access to the ps3 now instead of being restricted. I'm sure you can use a PC way better if you wanted a good version of linux but from what I understand now only is linux on the ps3 (if you install the new CFW) as good as it was originally, but it's actually better and improved. Not to mention it also works on slims and consoles that didn't have otherOS support.

I did read briefly though that I think some of the older systems may not work with it which seems kind of stupid but like I said I don't know all of the details about it.
Ah okay, that does seem better, although if it's anything like the first version that came out, it was quite the process to install. Granted if you're going to be using Linux, the process involved should still be understandable, but it's not just as easy as OtherOS was. Still a nice step in the right direction for sure, and having access to all of the PS3 should be very beneficial.

Dan

Contributor
Seems the Japanese government aren't giving anybody access to PSN due to suspicion of more security vulnerabilities. Sucks to be them.

B

Bizarre

Fuck, I've been trying to get this e-mail to reset my pass for 2 days, nothing is coming up, anyone know how to fix this?

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
We’re currently experiencing an extremely heavy load of password resets, and so we recently had to turn off services for approximately 30 minutes to clear the queue.

As such, a large number of people are attempting to change their passwords at the same time, it’s taking longer than expected for all those emails to clear all of the ISPs.

If you’ve requested your password reset, please give it a bit of time to reach your email. Thanks for your patience as we work to get everyone back online.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/15/update-on-service-restoration-rollout/

just give it a bit, im sure there are tons of people waiting on emails. it will come through eventually.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Fuck, I've been trying to get this e-mail to reset my pass for 2 days, nothing is coming up, anyone know how to fix this?
I reset my son's account with no problems (sub-accounts have to do by email/PC) Sorry I can't help you.

Seems the Japanese government aren't giving anybody access to PSN due to suspicion of more security vulnerabilities. Sucks to be them.
That's not what I read. I understood that they want insurances/details that everything they said they would do is both happening and satisfactory (preventative measures, customer confidence building).

Biggy204

Im still not sure Canada got the update, as i am still waiting til the weekend as there are still "service outages" due to the over clogging on Sony's servers.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Im still not sure Canada got the update, as i am still waiting til the weekend as there are still "service outages" due to the over clogging on Sony's servers.
Canada did get the update, I downloaded and installed the firmware update as well as updated account approx 10 hours ago. If it's bogged down right now just give it time.

karnbmx

ceebs. :)
PSN is back up in Australia. Time to claim my free copy of Portal 2 via Steam. :D