• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Ps3 problem :(

nicodemus82

**The Welsh Guy**
okay, so I have the original 60GB PS3 model and I was just about to play the Uncharted 2 demo when my PS3 turned off.. I thought it was a little weird but shrugged it off, so I turn it back on and start the game again after a few minutes it does it again only now it doesn't even turn back on :(

when I try to turn it on it makes the beep noise then the light turns green and then yellow for a split second. After that it shows the red light just flashing and the ps3 won't turn on.

Vee

OH MY GOD.

I had the exact same problem this morning! I was playing the Uncharted 2 Beta, and my PS3 switched off and did the exact same thing.

Now, when i leave my PS3 unplugged for a while, it allows me to switch it on. But a few secounds later on the XMB, everything starts to slow down to a halt.

Any help? I thought i was the only one with this problem..

Does it turn on, give three beeps and shows a yellow LED? That's an indication of hardware failure, the PS3 equivalent of a RROD. They were common on the original 60GB versions but was repaired in the 40GB release. Unfortunatley, the only solution is to send into Sony. I have had my 40GB do this, and have had to send it in.

But the fact both were playing the Uncharted 2 Demo may state otherwise. Vee, are you on a launch 60GB?

nicodemus82

**The Welsh Guy**
OH MY GOD.

I had the exact same problem this morning! I was playing the Uncharted 2 Beta, and my PS3 switched off and did the exact same thing.

Now, when i leave my PS3 unplugged for a while, it allows me to switch it on. But a few secounds later on the XMB, everything starts to slow down to a halt.

Any help? I thought i was the only one with this problem..

well, ur lucky cos mine won't turn on even if I leave it unplugged for a while :(

B

Bizarre

Guys you got the YLOD.
Call Sony, your going to have to pay some serious $ to get it fixed though.

Dan

Contributor
Fair play, but when my PS3 was out of warranty, I blamed them and they fixed it for free.

:D

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
My brother-in-law just got his second YLOD last week. He picked up an extended warranty at Target though, so they have been covered.

B

Bizarre

Fair play, but when my PS3 was out of warranty, I blamed them and they fixed it for free.

:D

It all depends on who you speak to, you can talk to someone who's having a good day or a real dickhead.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Shit, im downloading the beta now and have the 60gb ps3, should i install it or was it just a coincidence?

Dan

Contributor
Nothing with the 40GB's anyway. Tried playing it yesterday, couldn't find a fucking game so I just left it. Although, after I quit the game, my PS3 just turned itself off :l

Vee

Im on an original 60gb launch PS3.

Sony have another thing coming if they think im going to pay a pence for a repair, especially after the Watchdog report.

Also, i think uncharted 2 is the San Andreas of this generatation. That game caused tons of PS2s to die, same way i'm pretty sure this is doing to original PS3s.

B

Bizarre

Myself and 4 other of my buds all got launch 60GB and 80GB and nothing happened to ours.

YLOD?

wow you cant get away from RROD anymore.

Espically cheap computer hardware called FOD aka Fan of death. I swear I have bad luck with fans on my computer.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM EST ----------

Also, i think uncharted 2 is the San Andreas of this generatation. That game caused tons of PS2s to die, same way i'm pretty sure this is doing to original PS3s.

really? I had the first lunch PS2 (phat) and play SA 24/7. well back then I did but for some reason it does not let me play PS1 games or DVD's anymore.

Vee

YLOD?

wow you cant get away from RROD anymore.

Espically cheap computer hardware called FOD aka Fan of death. I swear I have bad luck with fans on my computer.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM EST ----------

really? I had the first lunch PS2 (phat) and play SA 24/7. well back then I did but for some reason it does not let me play PS1 games or DVD's anymore.
Almost everyone in my school who had an original "phat" PS2 and played San Andreas, got Disk Read Error messages.

I think it was down to how much San Andreas caused the disk drive to work, creating faults. Same way Uncharted is really pushing the PS3, so its causing it to overheat quickly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANYWAY. I rang up Sony today and was told to do a bunch of things (try to reformat HDD, try to go into firmware BIOS menu) all of which almost worked, untill my PS3 turned itself off. Now it doesn't even display anything.

Anywho, i had a big arguement with the guy at Sony Customer Services, and he said there was nothing more he could do then charge