• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Ps3 problem :(

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Glad to know it's not really that common. Cause I don't have a warranty. And if I did, it would still cost too much to fix.

twelve

I'm not dead
So by that logic, every product purchased, should technically only last aslong as its warrenty?

If that were the case, no one would buy televisions, Blu-ray players or computers. Most of those items come with a 1 year warrenty, yet if those items broke a right after the warrenty, then you'd be outright furious.

Honestly, if everyone in the world knew that the original PS3's had a huge design flaw with them, no one would have bought them.
What don't you and the watchdog viewing masses understand about the word GUARANTY? The product is guaranteed to work for 1 year. This is the warranty period. After that there is no guaranty and no warranty.

Sony offer to replace/repair your PS3 outside of the warranty for a fee. They don't have to do this, they could turn around and say fuck off, buy a new one. So the fact they offer this at a price that is far less than the value of a new console is a good thing.
It's not a huge flaw. It is nowhere near as widespread as the RROD was. You were unlucky, suck it up.
This is exactly what everyone needs to learn. It's bad luck if you get the YLOD, it's not a certainty like the RROD was with early 360's.

Vee

It's not a huge flaw. It is nowhere near as widespread as the RROD was. You were unlucky, suck it up.

Whats your definition of widespread?

I have 20 friends with launch 60GB PS3's.

14 of them have had atleast one YLOD.

12,000 people rang into watchdog, complaining of the same problem.

I'll think you'll find, it is pretty widespread.

twelve

I'm not dead
Whats your definition of widespread?

I have 20 friends with launch 60GB PS3's.

14 of them have had atleast one YLOD.

12,000 people rang into watchdog, complaining of the same problem.

I'll think you'll find, it is pretty widespread.
Yesterday it was 3/4 of your friends with the YLOD, now it's 14. Making up numbers to try to prove a point FTW!

What's your definition of widespread? 0.6%?

As of March 09 there had been 2 million PS3's sold in the UK.
12,000 = 0.6% of 2 million.

I think you'll find it is NOT widespread.

twelve

I'm not dead
sure, I heard that 74% of all statistics are made up on the spot
Except that isn't a made up statistic

2million consoles sold (link goes to the source)
12,000 people called in with the same problem (watchdog reported)

Do the maths yourself. It's 0.6%

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yeah the YLOD is not a wide spread issue at all. I know quite a few people with launch PS3s and only one of them got the YLOD about a month ago so he bought the new Slim PS3

Slasher

Suck It
I have a launch 60gb PS3. No problems here. I treat that thing like shit too. It's sitting in between my mini fridge and desk. The thing is absolutely covered in dust (yes, I do use it), and when I first had it there I kept smacking it every time the fridge would open. Its been through a lot.

Vee, you're such a fairy. I hate having to read your posts. Every single post from you just screams "I'm always right, and you're always wrong". Get off your high horse, really

Robby

Los Doyers!
Wasn't Vee a PS3 fanboy before?
It is kinda funny seeing as how his broke he is now bitching and complaining.

twelve

I'm not dead
I have a launch 60gb PS3. No problems here. I treat that thing like shit too. It's sitting in between my mini fridge and desk. The thing is absolutely covered in dust (yes, I do use it), and when I first had it there I kept smacking it every time the fridge would open. Its been through a lot.

Vee, you're such a fairy. I hate having to read your posts. Every single post from you just screams "I'm always right, and you're always wrong". Get off your high horse, really
+1 to the bad treatment.

Mine is upright between my 360 and PC. Covered in dust and maybe 3 inches of ventilation at the back. I regularly cart it around in a backpack to Terri's house. Usually play it for hours and then put back in the backpack whilst still hot, if BGA's were going to break that would be the time.