• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 to pick up exclusive X360 Title

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
They are console exclusives any way you slice it... I forgot to add "console" xD

Joey

They are console exclusives any way you slice it... I forgot to add "console" xD

How can something be console exclusive if it's not exclusive to consoles? There are four platforms. If your game is on more than one, then it isn't exclusive to anything.

**EDIT**

Dude, I just read the story. "Exclusive" is refering the the story it's self. It says they're just getting a "360 favorite".

Thread title is misleading.

Anyway. I doubt it's L4D, since Valve's stance on the PS3 hasn't softened, and L4D2 is right around the corner. It could possibly be Mass Effect, but that game is almost 2 years old. Seems unlikely.

Also, I'd like to add that this story seems extremely unlikely. An unknown site with an exclusive story that has almost no details?

Sinfulfate

Well if you read the article it says nothing about an exclusive. It just says a popular 360 title which could mean anything. Im thinking Dead Rising 1, seems silly that there making the second one on PS3 yet have never released the first one.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
How can something be console exclusive if it's not exclusive to consoles? There are four platforms. If your game is on more than one, then it isn't exclusive to anything.

A computer is NOT a console (but yes, it is a platform), and both games a mentioned only came out for X360/PC, therefore in the three consoles MS has exclusivity and therefore it IS a console exclusive for MS. I didn't mention platform exclusive but console exclusive.

Well if you read the article it says nothing about an exclusive. It just says a popular 360 title which could mean anything. Im thinking Dead Rising 1, seems silly that there making the second one on PS3 yet have never released the first one.

Meh I might have misread but it happens to the best of us. :p I'd like for it to be Mass Effect 2... SInce I have ME for PC.

twelve

I'm not dead
Could be Gears 3. Epic have been good to the PS3 in the past (Unreal Tournament 3). Plus the MS deal was for 2 games, which have now both been done.

Most likely will be Mass Effect though, especially with the recent praise Bioware have been giving the PS3.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Could be Gears 3. Epic have been good to the PS3 in the past (Unreal Tournament 3). Plus the MS deal was for 2 games, which have now both been done.

Most likely will be Mass Effect though, especially with the recent praise Bioware have been giving the PS3.

The story says it will pick up a 360 title, suggesting that it is an existing game (at least that is what I got from it). I don't know what game it could be but I don't really care either..if it's out on the 360 then I'll play it on that (360 is my console of choice when it comes to buying games)

Joey

A computer is NOT a console (but yes, it is a platform), and both games a mentioned only came out for X360/PC, therefore in the three consoles MS has exclusivity and therefore it IS a console exclusive for MS. I didn't mention platform exclusive but console exclusive.

I don't agree with that at all. The only way I would agree is if we were talking about GOW, which was actually published by MS, but other wise, Mass Effect isn't exclusive.

I've never heard of a excluding the PC from the "exclusive" discussion. I've never heard the term "console exclusive". I think that's because there's no significance to something being "console exclusive". If you can get a game on more than one console, then it loses the benefits of exclusivity.

This is a stupid discussion, but I'm sure you're wrong, so you're making me argue this.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I don't agree with that at all. The only way I would agree is if we were talking about GOW, which was actually published by MS, but other wise, Mass Effect isn't exclusive.

I've never heard of a excluding the PC from the "exclusive" discussion. I've never heard the term "console exclusive". I think that's because there's no significance to something being "console exclusive". If you can get a game on more than one console, then it loses the benefits of exclusivity.

This is a stupid discussion, but I'm sure you're wrong, so you're making me argue this.

tbh I'm one of the few people who excludes the PC from the exclusive discussion because most of the games that are exclusive to one console platform always end up on the PC. But I agree this is pointles and though we are both right, you are more right than I because you use better arguments. I'm right in my own head only xD

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team

Plus Dragon Age: Origins is coming out on PS3.

Joey

tbh I'm one of the few people who excludes the PC from the exclusive discussion because most of the games that are exclusive to one console platform always end up on the PC. But I agree this is pointles and though we are both right, you are more right than I because you use better arguments. I'm right in my own head only xD

Thank you for putting me out of my misery...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

Joey

And that's a game I'm getting day one :p Is RARE a division of MS now? I'd love to see Perfect Dark Zero on my PS3 *dreams* :love:

You're welcome :D

Yeah, MS bought Rare years ago...

ME is the only thing that makes sense, but I just don't see them going through the effort of porting a 2 year old game.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Yeah, MS bought Rare years ago...

ME is the only thing that makes sense, but I just don't see them going through the effort of porting a 2 year old game.

Thanks for the info ;)

ME2 would make more sense because it is still going to come out... But then there's the possibility it would have to be an already developed game, which excludes ME2...

Joey

Well, I'm pretty sure ME2 is gonna hit PS3. I honestly don't know why they haven't announced it. I'm pretty sure MS isn't publishing it, so, I don't know.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Well, I'm pretty sure ME2 is gonna hit PS3. I honestly don't know why they haven't announced it. I'm pretty sure MS isn't publishing it, so, I don't know.

EA publishes everything Bioware since they bought them so MS has no say in it (unless they own the IP... but not likely), and I'm pretty sure EA did state ME2 would be going multi-platform a few months back... Plus in the article they say it's cmoing towards the end of the year and I believe ME2 is slated for a October 2009 release.

Sinfulfate

EA publishes everything Bioware since they bought them so MS has no say in it (unless they own the IP... but not likely), and I'm pretty sure EA did state ME2 would be going multi-platform a few months back... Plus in the article they say it's cmoing towards the end of the year and I believe ME2 is slated for a October 2009 release.

Mass effect 2 is coming out Spring 2010.