• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PSN+ Monthly Review

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Everything I buy when I have a gold subscription though, I can play with a silver account.

If most of the content you are getting, you normally wouldn't have bought, it must not be that good then :p

Nah... I just wouldn't buy I don't have money to spend on the PSN... xD Between PSP and PS3 games I don't have much to spend. Unless you consider WipeOut HD, LittleBigPlanet, Street Fighter II not so good content xD

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Now now ladies, no need to fight over if the xbox live or PSN+ service is better...we all know that PC's are superior than both :p

(just before anyone thinks I'm being ULTRA SUPER MEGA serious...I'm not. I'm joking. Please don't ban me ;_; )

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Now now ladies, no need to fight over if the xbox live or PSN+ service is better...we all know that PC's are superior than both :p

(just before anyone thinks I'm being ULTRA SUPER MEGA serious...I'm not. I'm joking. Please don't ban me ;_; )

I wasnt fighting with anybody... I was actually curious why one would pay for Xbox Live... I learned something already xD

Hellcat

Contributor
Unless you consider WipeOut HD, LittleBigPlanet, Street Fighter II not so good content xD
Yah, see, WipeOut-HD for instance, I really like to keep for eternity.... if a subscribtion runns out or not, hence me happycat is for having bought it "PSN minus" xD

REPORTED! BAN! BAAAAAAN!!!!11!!11oneone!!11eleventy

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
That's a great point Robby. I see this in the exact same light and have pretty much zero interest in the games they are offering in this subscription.

I liken it to getting a free or 99 cent game from the App Store, play it once while taking a dump, then it rots on your phone forever because you have no interest in it.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
That's a great point Robby. I see this in the exact same light and have pretty much zero interest in the games they are offering in this subscription.

I liken it to getting a free or 99 cent game from the App Store, play it once while taking a dump, then it rots on your phone forever because you have no interest in it.

That's my feeling about most minis... They're damn phone-made games... Games like Sam & Max, Wipeout and Street Fighter II are all good... However that ZEN Pinball game they offered last month, it sucks.

LocutusEstBorg

This is a joke IMO. It makes almost LIVE look ethical. They're just pushing bullshit onto you and charging you for it. I though they'd let you play at least one or two AAA games a year. *

* My views are drastically affected by currency conversion rates

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
This is a joke IMO. It makes almost LIVE look ethical. They're just pushing bullshit onto you and charging you for it. I though they'd let you play at least one or two AAA games a year. *

* My views are drastically affected by currency conversion rates

Agreed, That's my only gripe with it. But I got already a AAA game in LittleBigPlanet (US users got inFamous)... They sure could give out others though xD

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
That does not even remotely quality IMO. First time I saw it at my friends place after all the hype I was flabbergasted. Seriously WTF is that shit??!

I was thinking KZ2 or GoW.

It's a pretty good game IMO. I never got around buying it cuz I had other priorities... But after playing it and getting used to it, the sheer array of levels available online is jaw-dropping. That's replay value. But again, opinions differ :p

MenaceInc

Staff Member
That does not even remotely quality IMO. First time I saw it at my friends place after all the hype I was flabbergasted. Seriously WTF is that shit??!

I was thinking KZ2 or GoW.

Well, what makes an AAA game differs by opinion. I personally liked the look of LBP and enjoyed it at a friends house for half an hour or so. If I had a PS3, it'd definitely be one of the games I'd buy.

LocutusEstBorg

At this point I don't even see the PS3 as a worthwhile purchase. If I were to get anything it would only be the 360, but the chance of failure without warranty destroys that possibility. Unless PSN+ can offer exceptionally remarkable services for poor countries it's not even going to get a second thought from anyone I know.

El Diablo

Man I haven't been able to get into any betas at all for ps3 but back on psp I was getting into so many and getting UMDs in the mail. What happened :( QQ.

LocutusEstBorg

So what I can tell from this is that the only meaningful thing you get is one random game a year. Might as well spend the $60 on a game you want.

Robby

Los Doyers!
So what I can tell from this is that the only meaningful thing you get is one random game a year. Might as well spend the $60 on a game you want.

This.

BUT, once Sony actually starts giving subscribers quality products then I can see myself buying a subscription. But then I will be afraid of losing my games if I decide not to continue my subscription for a month or two :/

LittleBigPlanet was a fun game, loved it. But after 2 months, I lost interest in the game, it just got boring, it lost that fun, exciting touch it first had. I'd rather just rent the game for a week or buy it for $20 used.

LocutusEstBorg

LittleBigPlanet was a fun game, loved it. But after 2 months, I lost interest in the game, it just got boring, it lost that fun, exciting touch it first had. I'd rather just rent the game for a week or buy it for $20 used.

My thoughts exactly. Except I enjoyed it for like 20 minutes before I was like "Yeah cool idea and shit; Never going to play this again".

Actually this kind of game is exactly what they should give you for 2-3 months on PSN+. Then it might be worthwhile with a continuous stream of them.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
tbh anyone expecting to get into any closed betas as a reason to get PS+ was an idiot. But I guess nowadays everything has "BETA" on its name, so I guess such idiocy is to be expected