• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSN playtime tracking now supported

Thanks to some changes Sony has made to the API PSN playtime tracking is now live on the site :) We're still in the process of rolling it out and may not show for all games yet. Past hours played on PS4 are counted. PS3 and Vita games are not supported, however.

Please post here if you experience any issues so we can look into it.

Known Issues
For bundled/compilation games, we are unable to see the hours played for each game individually. That means for titles like Uncharted Collection and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, we only have access to the total playtime for the collection itself. Currently, we're showing this playtime on only one game in the set.

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 1.01.15 AM.png

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Are manually added game times automatically overwritten, or do I have to delete them myself?
Have to delete them yourself at the moment. I was planning on having any new tracked times overwrite the manual ones temporarily on PS4, will probably do that later today. That way, clearing them yourself isn’t necessary.

I’ll save a backup of the manual times just in case, if anyone still wants to override the tracked times.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Shagan

Nice!

One question though, is there a reason why the playtimes only show up from September 2019 onwards on my account?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nice!

One question though, is there a reason why the playtimes only show up from September 2019 onwards on my account?

Not all existing profiles have been scanned fully yet. During regular updates we only check the most recently played games. You can run a manual scan (Tools -> Manual Sync, from the account page) to scan everything.

mihalis13

Why i don't see the playtime in no one of my playstation games?

Edit: I select manual scan and it fixed now.

Last edited:

YouGotHitByGunner

Enforcer
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, the playtime update is still rolling out across all the PSN profiles. It's gonna take a few days until everyone is up-to-date. You can get it faster if you force a scan.

xPETEZx

This is a fantastic addition. I had started using PS playtime tracker (thanks Gunner :p) , but of course that only tracked games from that point onward.
Its great to see playtime for basically all my PS4 games since I got it.

Oddly I still cant see the playtime on any first-party Sony app or site. I guess they will probably make it all visible as part of the PS5 launch.

As always, keep up the good work!

D4n1v4l

Is it correct that except for one game (WWE 2K15) all others have a timestamp?! The manual synchronization did not help in any case.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Is it correct that except for one game (WWE 2K15) all others have a timestamp?! The manual synchronization did not help in any case.

It's correct, there's no playtime data or last played timestamp returned for that game. I checked a few other profiles and it is not showing any playtime for that game either. Some early PS4 games seem to be missing the info.

D4n1v4l

I see. Thanks for the answer. But it doesn't matter. I was just surprised because it was the only game in my list that had no timestamp.

Amazing stuff! like Richard from Digital Foundry used to say :p

x3sphere great Work​

I'have only ps3 and i thought that maybe Persona 5 Ps3 version would track time (its PS3/Ps4 title ) but it's not. Its necessary to have Ps4 alt last.

Osha

Hello ! Just joined the website following this announcement, and it seems I cannot link my PSN as there's no valid link in the social tab, could it be related ?

Edit: looks like I was focusing on the wrong tab to do that stuff, my bad.

Last edited: