• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSN playtime tracking now supported

Thanks to some changes Sony has made to the API PSN playtime tracking is now live on the site :) We're still in the process of rolling it out and may not show for all games yet. Past hours played on PS4 are counted. PS3 and Vita games are not supported, however.

Please post here if you experience any issues so we can look into it.

Known Issues
For bundled/compilation games, we are unable to see the hours played for each game individually. That means for titles like Uncharted Collection and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, we only have access to the total playtime for the collection itself. Currently, we're showing this playtime on only one game in the set.

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 1.01.15 AM.png

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Curious about this.. from what I can tell by clicking on people who have played it on PS4.. Assassin's Creed Valhalla is not tracking time played. What do you see on the back end for this game?

I've fixed it. The issue was that the NP Title ID we have on record for those users at the moment is not pointing to a valid PS Store page. Might be since the game is not officially released yet? First time I've seen that.

It's still not showing up for a few users on the leaderboard, I think that could be due to them playing offline, or playing it on PS5 if they have a review copy or something (though I am not sure if the trophy list for the PS5 version is even the same, if not then it wouldn't be that). Currently the API still shows no PS5 data.

Last edited:

Tuck

Thanks to some changes Sony has made to the API PSN playtime tracking is now live on the site :) We're still in the process of rolling it out and may not show for all games yet. Past hours played on PS4 are counted. PS3 and Vita games are not supported, however.

Please post here if you experience any issues so we can look into it.

Known Issues
For bundled/compilation games, we are unable to see the hours played for each game individually. That means for titles like Uncharted Collection and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, we only have access to the total playtime for the collection itself. Currently, we're showing this playtime on all games in the set, and we're working on a solution so the playtime for these games isn't counted multiple times in the overall total.

View attachment 10851
wish it would track PS3 so I can see how many hours i've put into both Tales of Xillia games collectively, but I'll live.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Some games are less than how much I actually played, will this be fixed?
Mind listing a few games that are incorrect? I can double check, but we're basically just pulling these playtimes directly from PSN. Should be the same as what will be shown when viewing your profile on PS5.

It's worth nothing though for trophy lists that are shared across platforms, such as PS4/Vita ones, we can only see the PS4 time. My understanding is that PS5 will have the same limitation though.

Valtr

Mind listing a few games that are incorrect? I can double check, but we're basically just pulling these playtimes directly from PSN. Should be the same as what will be shown when viewing your profile on PS5.

It's worth nothing though for trophy lists that are shared across platforms, such as PS4/Vita ones, we can only see the PS4 time. My understanding is that PS5 will have the same limitation though.
Nioh - 180 hours when it's actually around 220
Red Dead Redemption 2 - 160 hours, it should be around 270-280
The witcher 3 - 134 hours but I'm pretty sure it's around 250 hours or something.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nioh - 180 hours when it's actually around 220
Red Dead Redemption 2 - 160 hours, it should be around 270-280
The witcher 3 - 134 hours but I'm pretty sure it's around 250 hours or something.
I have checked and the times listed here are exactly the same as what we're seeing on PSN.

For Nioh - there are two instances (one seems to be the Completion Edition the other is the Season Pass, but they are linked to the same trophy set so we merge them) - 39H 24M 7S and 141H 9M 11S
Red Dead 2 - 160H 51M 23S
Witcher 3 - 138H 24M 49S

Those are the playtime values directly from the API. I really have no idea how Sony was tracking time in the past, since the stat was never visible up until now. The tracking could have differed between firmware versions, etc. At least with it visible now, you'll be able to monitor it more closely.

Valtr

I have checked and the times listed here are exactly the same as what we're seeing on PSN.

For Nioh - there are two instances (one seems to be the Completion Edition the other is the Season Pass, but they are linked to the same trophy set so we merge them) - 39H 24M 7S and 141H 9M 11S
Red Dead 2 - 160H 51M 23S
Witcher 3 - 138H 24M 49S

Those are the playtime values directly from the API. I really have no idea how Sony was tracking time in the past, since the stat was never visible up until now. The tracking could have differed between firmware versions, etc. At least with it visible now, you'll be able to monitor it more closely.
Hmm, It's strange that Sony last year sent me my 2018 stats and The Witcher 3 was 224.
Anyway thank you.

WuJJ

I was just reading that PS5 can show play time stats, even for friends. I wondered if it's public and perhaps exophase can track it now.

Then I looked at my profile and holy crap, this is FAST. It's there already. Thank you.

UndeadSpace

Hey, I just linked my PSN account successfully but none of my games show the time I played them. Is it an error or it's because there is something else I have to do? Thx

Nevermind, it is already fixed, I don't know how xD

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Really how this time for games are working is strange.

I don’t see any time from Skylanders SWAP Force, Skylanders Imaginators or Skylanders Trap Team, but it show just fine for Skylanders SuperChargers. I was think that there is problem with old game, but nope, Necromunda Underhive Wars, Nowhere Prophet, Element Space, World of Warriors also don’t show time, and there are quite new one.
Some of those should be showing playtime now.

Still nothing for World of Warriors or the other Skylanders games though. I have noticed for games like Hollow Knight, the playtime currently doesn't show for certain regions of the game. I don't know what determines that, guess we'll see if anything changes once PS5 is officially out.

If you view your game list with the new PS mobile app, anything that's listed under "Recently played" (not the trophy list section) should have a tracked time here. I don't see any of the other Skylanders games either there, though - there is only one listed.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi, all Driveclub games (Driveclub, Bikes and VR) aren't showing the playtime.
This might be because they got removed from the PS Store awhile back. I've noticed that delisted games are not showing playtime.

Are you able to check to see if it shows on PS5?

MPayne

This might be because they got removed from the PS Store awhile back. I've noticed that delisted games are not showing playtime.

Are you able to check to see if it shows on PS5?
No, not a PS5 owner yet.
Thanks for the answer, hope Sony fixes this. I sorted my games by hours played and noticed that Driveclub wasn't anywhere.

gartem

Awesome achievement!
How are you getting this info?
Is it from the regular trophy web api or it's from the api for the new PS App?

HellzFire

Hello everyone.

My profile weirdly enough only has trophies til 2016 and it's not showing my playtime as well.

I tried syncing in and it's not working.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hello everyone.

My profile weirdly enough only has trophies til 2016 and it's not showing my playtime as well.

I tried syncing in and it's not working.

Your profile is private on PSN, that's why. See here on how to fix that: https://forums.exophase.com/threads...settings-on-origin-steam-xbox-live-psn.26530/